Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTubeApril 20th, 2011 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 20 (ANI): Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding will be streamed live on YouTube next week to make it the most accessible royal event in history.
Live updates and unique material will also be released on the official royal wedding website, through the British Monarchy’s picture-sharing Flickr account, Twitter and Facebook.
For the first time, broadcast footage of a royal wedding will be streamed in real time on The Royal Channel (www.youtube/theroyalchannel) accompanied by a live multi-media blog put together by St James’s Palace.
Viewers will be able to click to get more information about points of interest along the processional route, for example, or see additional photographs of the happy couple.
Members of the public will also have the chance to upload their videoed messages of congratulations on an official “wedding book”, also on YouTube, which will be shown to the couple.
A spokesman said the site would be subject to moderation, but joked that he hoped “the majority of messages would be sent in good faith”.
“Online access to the wedding is a really important component of our service,” the Daily Mail quoted an aide as saying.
“When Catherine worked for her parents’ business, Party Pieces, a big part of her work was online and she has been consulted throughout about what we are planning and has offered her own suggestions,” the aide revealed.
The announcement of the live stream comes as a royal wedding video book was launched for well wishers to leave messages of support for the couple.
From April 20 the public can put their own video clips congratulating the couple onto a Wedding Book site on YouTube.
“They have been consulted throughout on all the technical things we are doing,” a spokesman for William at St James’s Palace said of the couple.
“They will be interested to see the Wedding Book at some stage in the future,” he added. (ANI)
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Log on to www.officialroyalwedding2011.org to get royal wedding details - Mar 03, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth To Provide Glimpse of Royal Family Through Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- Spoof royal wedding video showing Royal Family dancing goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- You tube unveils live broadcasting service - Apr 12, 2011
- Royal wedding video goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- YouTube to live-stream U.S. presidential debates for first time - Oct 02, 2012
- British royal family now on Flickr - Jul 25, 2010
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- William, Kate celebrate first wedding anniversary - Apr 29, 2012
- Queen offers to share Buckingham Palace with Wills, Kate - Jan 15, 2011
- Wills, Kate ask guests for charity donations instead of gifts - Mar 17, 2011
- Homeless girl who moved Prince William invited to royal wedding - Apr 18, 2011
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Westminster Abbey 'likely to be Prince William's wedding venue' - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: british monarchy, broadcast footage, business party, couple members, daily mail, facebook, kate middleton, live updates, party pieces, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, processional, royal wedding, twitter, video book, wedding book, well wishers, william and kate, www youtube