Royal Mail to release Wills-Kate stamps to celebrate royal weddingMarch 29th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29 (ANI): The Royal Mail is planning to release a new set of stamps to celebrate the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on April 29.
The official engagement portraits of the couple, sharing a hug, by photographer Mario Testino will be used on two different versions of the stamps, reports the Daily Express.
A casual picture of the couple will go on the new 46p first-class stamp and the more formal image on a 1.10-pounds-one for overseas use.
William becomes the first of the Queen’s grandchildren to have a wedding marked in this way although when Charles and Diana married in 1981, two new stamps were issued.
Prince William has featured on Royal Mail stamps twice before - to mark the Queen Mother’s 100th birthday and later to mark his own 21st birthday.
The new stamps will come in a sheet of four - two for first class mail and two 1.10 pounds items.
They will be available from all post offices from 21 April, the Queen’s birthday. (ANI)
- Now, stamps on William-Kate wedding - Mar 29, 2011
- Wills-Kate choose the same photog for big day as Charles and Camilla - Feb 17, 2011
- Guy Ritchie, Joss Stone invited for royal wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Prince William And Kate Middleton's Engagement Photos Released Officially - Dec 13, 2010
- Wills, Kate engagement pics to be released soon - Dec 06, 2010
- William & Kate featured on the cover page of Vanity Fair - Jun 01, 2011
- Queen finally meets the Middletons - Apr 22, 2011
- Kate Middleton did her own makeup for engagement pics - Dec 14, 2010
- Log on to www.officialroyalwedding2011.org to get royal wedding details - Mar 03, 2011
- Royal-bride-to-be 'will leave job but won't be a working princess right away' - Nov 19, 2010
- Wills, Kate 'brimming with happiness' in engagement pics - Dec 12, 2010
- Prince William 'to wed Kate Middleton next August' - Aug 29, 2010
- Kate Middleton to overtake Diana to become world's most talked-about woman - Apr 19, 2011
- Kate may not pledge to 'obey' William - Mar 26, 2011
- Keira Knightley 'to star in the movie Diana' - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: 100th birthday, 21st birthday, april 29, charles and diana, class stamp, daily express, engagement portraits, first class mail, grandchildren, kate middleton, mail stamps, mario testino, post offices, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, queen mother, royal mail, royal wedding, william and kate