Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince CharlesApril 30th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 30 (ANI): The Prince of Wales has spoken highly of his new daughter-in-law, Kate Middleton, saying the royal family is “lucky to have her”.
As he addressed 650 guests at the wedding breakfast, the Prince paid tribute to the new Duchess of Cambridge, but gently poked fun at his son, Prince William, by making a joke about his thinning hair, reports the Telegraph.
Robert Acheson, former headmaster of St Andrews’ Prep School in Pangbourne, Berks, where Miss Middleton studied, said: “Prince Charles gave a heartfelt speech and offered some high praise for his daughter-in-law.
“He said he was very lucky to have her as a daughter-in-law.
The lighter side of the Prince’s speech came when he cracked jokes about his eldest son and his famously thinning hairline.
Susie Lea, a friend of the Middleton family, described a moment when “the Prince of Wales made a few jokes about his bald patch and his son’s bald patch, saying it must be hereditary”.
“William smiled, he was amused. Kate looked amused as well,” she added. (ANI)
- We are so lucky to have her: Charles says about Kate - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton Flashes Her Engagement Ring, Parents Congratulate Them - Nov 17, 2010
- Kate Middleton 'first saw Prince William as a 10-year-old schoolgirl' - Nov 27, 2010
- Kate Middleton Turns 29 - Jan 09, 2011
- Kate Middleton's parents will become 'royal in-laws' post wedding - Nov 25, 2010
- Kate Middleton would please Prince Charles with alternative new role - Jan 22, 2011
- Will-Kat spend first night at palace - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate Middleton gives cooking lessons to Harry - Aug 26, 2012
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- It's official! Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in 2011 - Nov 16, 2010
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- After naked Harry, come Kate's topless photos - Sep 14, 2012
- New Royal coin downplays Will's bald patch in commemorative medal - Feb 12, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Prince Harry's 'emotional' speech leaves Kate in tears - May 01, 2011
Tags: acheson, bald patch, berks, charles london, duchess, eldest son, hairline, headmaster, heartfelt speech, high praise, kate middleton, middleton family, prep school, prince charles, prince of wales, prince william, royal family, st andrews, thinning hair, wedding breakfast