Royal couple to get pre-marital counsellingDecember 9th, 2010 - 2:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9 (ANI): Before walking up the aisle, Britain’s Prince William and his fiancee Kate Middleton will meet some of the country’s most senior clerics to receive counselling on how to handle marital pressures.
The royal couple is expected to meet the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Bishop of London who will give them advice on preparing for their married life together, reports the Scotsman.
“The couple would expect to meet both the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Bishop of London, who will both play a prominent role on the wedding day, before the service,” said a St James’s Palace spokesman on Wednesday.
“Any conversations between them would be private,” he added.
Like many other couples preparing to marry, the couple will receive pastoral care on dealing with a range of issues.
But as the second in line to the throne, William and his bride-to-be will sit down with Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams and Bishop of London Richard Chartres.
Chartres is said to be a confidant of William’s father Prince Charles.
Topics under discussion may include dealing with disagreements and rows, how to remain faithful, preparing for parenthood and dealing with the in-laws.
The guidance may be needed if the couple are to avoid the pitfalls of other royal marriages, many of which have ended in divorce.
William and Middleton will marry at Westminster Abbey on April 29, and both senior churchmen will play a part in the ceremony. (ANI)
- Kate may not pledge to 'obey' William - Mar 26, 2011
- Wills, Kate's 'balcony kiss' key wedding moment! - Jan 06, 2011
- Like Diana, Kate Middleton too may not pledge to 'obey' hubby - Mar 27, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Dame Helen Mirren wants Wills-Kat to perform second 'private' wedding - Apr 25, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- UK Government trying to make money out of Royal Wedding - Feb 04, 2011
- Royal wedding video goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- UK bishop suspended after William, Kate marriage slur - Nov 24, 2010
- Westminster Abbey 'likely to be Prince William's wedding venue' - Nov 18, 2010
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce April wedding - Nov 24, 2010
- Church issues prayer for Prince William, Kate Middleton's marriage - Apr 08, 2011
- Prince William 'to wed Kate Middleton next August' - Aug 29, 2010
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: archbishop of canterbury, archbishop of canterbury rowan williams, churchmen, clerics, confidant, disagreements, fiancee kate, kate middleton, married life, palace spokesman, parenthood, pastoral care, pre marital counselling, prince charles, prince william, richard chartres, royal couple, royal marriages, wedding day, westminster abbey