Royal blackmailer got thousands of pounds from Prince CharlesNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:25 am ICT by admin
According to sources, McGuigan spent a 1,500-pound loan on buckets, sponges and cleaning fluid and a further 1,000-pound grant for other start-up costs for the firm Star Craft in Fulham, London.
McGuigan got the cash from the Prince’s Trust in 1993 under its scheme to offer training and financial help for people aged 14 to 30, and ended his partnership with the charity in August 1995.
“Sean was really keen to set up his business and a carwash seemed like a great idea. He knew the Prince’s Trust offered money for new ventures so he thought he would get a loan,” News of the World quoted a friend of McGuigan, as saying.
“It certainly got off the ground, he made a few quid for a while until it all wound down,” the friend added.
A spokesman for the Prince’s Trust confirmed giving out a loan to McGuigan in 1993.
“We can confirm Sean McGuigan received a loan and a grant from the Prince’s Trust in 1993,” the spokesman said.
Strachan and McGuigan are accused of claiming to have video evidence relating to a royal engaged in a sex act and demanding 50,000 pounds for it not to be made public. (ANI)
- Indian-Australian doctor case: Attackers appeal sentence - Jun 02, 2011
- Charlie Sheen fires literary agent - Mar 25, 2011
- De Niro, Stallone to star together? - Oct 23, 2010
- Two jailed for blackmailing British royal over gay sex - May 03, 2008
- Why being too good looking might cut your chances with females - Feb 15, 2011
- Robert De Niro, Sly 'to play rival boxers in new movie' - Oct 23, 2010
- First clinical trials on potent new hepatitis C drug successfully completed - Sep 04, 2010
- Royal blackmailer claims he met Princes William and Harry - Nov 14, 2007
- Su Pollard to star in 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas show - Nov 23, 2011
- One of the royal sex and drugs 'blackmailers' is a socialite - Nov 14, 2007
- WillKat wedding helped palace earn 42 mn pounds - Jul 27, 2011
- Pair accused of blackmailing royal denied bail - Nov 14, 2007
- Prince Harry's charity for sick children raises concern - Mar 21, 2010
- Trials begin on potent new Hepatitis C drug - May 15, 2010
- Wiil-Kat 'did not sign a prenup agreement' - May 02, 2011
Tags: august 1995, buckets, carwash business, cleaning fluid, financial help, fulham london, loan news, new ventures, news of the world, offer training, prince charles, sex act, spokesman, sponges, star craft, strachan, video evidence