Romney GOP’s only New Hampshire hope: PollApril 7th, 2011 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 7 (ANI): American businessman Mitt Romney is the Republican Party’s only hope of beating President Barack Obama in New Hampshire, says Public Policy Poll.
The Democratic poll that surveyed 769 voters, shows Obama easily carrying the state if Republican Party candidates Newt Gingrich, Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee or Sarah Palin win the Republican nod.
The poll suggested Palin would lose to Obama by 22 points, while Gingrich would come up short by 13 points.
However, Romney is only 1 point behind. Obama leads the former Massachusetts governor 47 percent to 46 percent, the Politico reports.
According polling firm, the difference is in favorability ratings. A narrow plurality of New Hampshire voters like Romney 45 percent, opposed to 44 percent who view him unfavorably.
This is close to the president’s numbers as 46 percent approve of the job Obama is doing while 46 percent disapprove.
The other candidates all have favorability ratings below 30 percent. (ANI)
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- Poll: More than 6 in 10 would not vote for Trump, Palin - Apr 27, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: american businessman, barack obama, democratic poll, donald trump, gop, job, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, narrow plurality, new hampshire, newt gingrich, nod, public policy, republican party candidates, sarah palin, trump mike