Romantic roles really bore me to death: Johnny DeppApril 18th, 2008 - 12:05 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Apr 18 (ANI): If theres one genre that fans will never see Johnny Depp act in, it would be romance, for the actor thinks its just too boring.
Depp, who became a darling of the big screen with Tim Burton’s 1991 fantasy epic Edward Scissorhands, is know for gravitating towards quirky kind of roles.
And, he insists that he will not take a romantic lead, as he only feels the fun factor with his darker roles.
“I wouldn’t want to be in a romantic film, where it’s about the boy meeting the girl, losing the girl, and getting her back. That would really bore me to death,” Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
“There is a dark side in me, like in each one of us. I only feel the fun factor when turning to a dark role, like in my most recent film Sweeney Todd,” he added.
Depps other more famous roles include those in Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Pirates of the Caribbean. (ANI)
- Depp a great character actor, says Burton - Sep 02, 2012
- Nothing dark about 'Dark Shadows'! (IANS Movie Review) - May 12, 2012
- Depp hoping to turn childhood favourite vampire thriller into film franchise - Aug 17, 2009
- Melbourne beauty Bella Heathcote to star opposite Depp, Pitt? - Feb 05, 2011
- Tim Burton to head 63rd Cannes Festival Jury - Jan 27, 2010
- Johnny Depp Turns 47 Today - Jun 09, 2010
- Emma Stone to play drug dealer - Jan 07, 2012
- Johnny Depp to Start Shooting 'Dark Shadows' in Spring - Nov 05, 2010
- Depp doesn't watch his films - Jan 02, 2011
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- Movie Review: Alice In Wonderland(2010) - Mar 13, 2010
- Depp likes to play eccentric roles - Dec 29, 2010
- Depp reprises Edward Scissorhands role - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean...' provides rollicking fun (IANS Movie Review) - May 20, 2011
- Johnny Depp on green tea diet for 'Dark Shadows' role - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: charlie and the chocolate, charlie and the chocolate factory, darling, edward scissorhands, fantasy epic, genre, johnny depp, pirates of the caribbean, romance, romantic film, romantic roles, sleepy hollow, sweeney todd, tim burton