Romanian ’shoe architect’ makes heels to help women grow 12 inches!May 7th, 2010 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 7 (ANI): A Romanian “shoe architect” has created towering heels that promise to help increase the wearer’s height by 12 inches.
Mihai Albu’s shoes are twice the height of the highest heels available, and the handcrafted sandals do not come cheap, selling for up to 1,200 euros, which is more than twice the average monthly salary in Romania.
“Heels have an advantage because (many women) don’t have long legs,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“They reposition the waist,” he stated.
Albu, a former architect, who draws inspiration from Romanian sculptor Constantin Brancusi and Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi, blends math, architecture and art in his creations.
He uses French leather and encrusts the shoes with jewels, feathers and mirrors.
But the designer believes his shoes are worth the high price, and he says he has received dozens of orders for the new sandals from Romania’s well heeled.
“I am creating a constructed chaos,” he said, describing his extravagant sandals in architectural terms.
In addition to their breathtaking height, his footwear features special effects and its appearance varies, depending on the angle.
One sandal featured an emerald heel topped by a skull mask out of which bursts a shock of peacock feathers, while another featured three heels, two of which are decorative.
There are boots that resemble a glass vase and unicorn-like boots with a heel in front, and his latest creation, the 12.2-inch heel sandal, is a construction of three black wedge sandals. (ANI)
- Nick Cannon shocked by Mariah Carey's high-heeled shoe collection - Oct 30, 2010
- How 5ft 7Tom Cruise stands as tall as heel-wearing 5ft9 Cameron Diaz - Sep 30, 2010
- Fashion Statement: High Heels Are Back! - Dec 01, 2010
- Cannon gets 'high-heel queen' Mariah Carey to wear flats! - Nov 01, 2010
- 9 Inches Sky Heel Coming Soon! - Nov 13, 2010
- Romanian minister slammed for gifting high-heeled shoes to flood victims - Jul 14, 2010
- Models revolt over Alexander McQueen's 12in heels - Dec 27, 2009
- British women shortest in Europe, wear highest heels - Jul 20, 2012
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- Jimmy Choo's capsule collection of iconic styles - Jun 16, 2011
- Suri shoe collection worth 100,000 pounds - Jun 07, 2011
- Romanian national convicted within ATM "skimming" scheme in Connecticut - Mar 11, 2010
- Heels make Dannii Minogue confident - Jul 11, 2010
- Heels with Nakashi work on wood (With Images) - Aug 20, 2011
- How physics keeps women in high heels from tipping over - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: albu, antonio gaudi, architectural terms, black wedge sandals, blends, boots, chaos, constantin brancusi, dozens, footwear, glass vase, highest heels, jewels, long legs, peacock feathers, sculptor, skull mask, spanish architect, special effects, unicorn