Robert F.Kennedy’s assassin to say he doesn’t remember 1968 shootingMarch 2nd, 2011 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
California (US), Mar. 2 (ANI): A lawyer representing Sirhan Sirhan, the assassin of Senator Robert F. Kennedy, has said that his client plans to present new evidence at a parole board hearing suggesting that he did not act alone, was potentially brain washed and cannot remember anything about the 43-year-old shooting.
“There is no question he was hypno-programmed.He was set up. He was used. He was manipulated,” lawyer William F. Pepper told ABCNews.com.
Sirhan will appear before a California parole board on Wednesday for the 14th time since his May 1969 sentencing. It is the first time he will be represented by Pepper.
Taking a page from the conspiracies that have dogged the assassination of Robert Kennedy’s brother, President John F.Kennedy, Pepper plans to introduce new evidence that suggests there was a second gunman who fatally shot Robert in the kitchen of a Los Angeles hotel, following his victory in the 1968 California presidential primary.
Pepper said he believes Sirhan was “hypno-programmed,” essentially brainwashed to kill Kennedy and his memories were then erased.
The lawyer’s tale has all the makings of a great conspiracy theory, if not a science fiction thriller akin to the “Manchurian Candidate.”
“Ten independent witnesses say Sirhan was always in front of Bobby, never behind him,” said Pepper, “but the autopsy says Bobby was shot at close range from behind the right ear.”
Pepper says he believes he knows who ordered Sirhan to shoot Kennedy, but won’t yet say who it is. He said in addition to the parole hearing, he is preparing an appeal.
Pepper said Sirhan is “remorseful” for his role in the 1968 assassination of Kennedy, but the gunman “does not remember anything about the shooting.”
The image of Sirhan sitting in a California prison cell in 2011 regretting a crime he does not remember does not jibe with a defiant Sirhan sitting a California courtroom in 1969.
At his trial 42 years ago, Sirhan confessed to the crime and declared he had committed it “with 20 years of malice aforethought.”
Members of Kennedy’s family declined to comment on Pepper’s findings. (ANI)
- Robert Kennedy's assassin denied parole for 13th time - Mar 03, 2011
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- LAPD apologizes to the Kennedy clan for putting Robert Kennedy's items on display - Mar 04, 2010
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Matt Damon to play U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy - Feb 25, 2010
- Kennedy likens Palin's crosshair images to Arizona shootings - Jan 12, 2011
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested For Drunken Driving - May 22, 2010
- Matt Damon to play Senator Kennedy in new movie? - Feb 26, 2010
- Kennedy was not interested in space travel - Sep 13, 2012
- Kennedy curse: A continual misfortune? - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested - May 22, 2010
- No one will shoot me: JFK told secret service agents - Sep 20, 2011
- Katie Holmes to play JFK's wife in telly mini-series - Apr 29, 2010
- Only 2 Kennedy siblings left on earth - Aug 12, 2009
Tags: assassination of kennedy, assassination of robert kennedy, brother president, california parole board, california prison, close range, conspiracies, conspiracy theory, independent witnesses, john f kennedy, manchurian candidate, new evidence, president john f kennedy, prison cell, robert f kennedy, science fiction thriller, second gunman, senator robert, sirhan sirhan, william f pepper