Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s wife pleads guilty to impaired drivingJuly 23rd, 2010 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 23 (ANI): Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s wife has settled her drunken-driving case without jail time by pleading guilty to a minor charge.
Mary Kennedy, 50, admitted in court that her driving ability was impaired when she drove over a curb outside a school in Bedford, 30 miles north of New York City, in May.
She was arrested May 15 on a charge of driving while intoxicated after a police officer reported seeing her drive over the curb. Her only passenger was a dog.
Police said her blood-alcohol level was 0.11 percent; the legal limit is 0.08 percent.
The charge of driving while ability impaired is a violation and carries no jail time.
Bedford Town Court Judge Judge Kevin Quaranta fined Kennedy 500 dollars, suspended her driver’s license for 90 days and ordered her to attend two drunken-driving programs.
The judge also said Kennedy’s psychiatrist must submit quarterly reports about her progress.
Her lawyer, Kerry Lawrence, said her husband was not among the many relatives and friends who had written supportive letters to the judge.
“He was not asked,” the New York Post quoted Lawrence as saying.
The judge told Kennedy the letters praised “your life, your role as a parent”.
“I hope we don’t see you here again,” he added. (ANI)
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested - May 22, 2010
- RFK Jr. Initiates Divorce Proceedings - Jul 17, 2010
- Jalen Rose sentenced to 20 days behind bars - Jul 28, 2011
- Robert F Kennedy's Wife, Mary Charged With DUI - May 20, 2010
- Robert Kennedy, Jr's estranged wife busted for DUI - Aug 25, 2010
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested For Drunken Driving - May 22, 2010
- RFK Jr.'s wife Mary F. Kennedy arrested for DUI - May 20, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Rodney King is under house arrest for reckless driving - Feb 29, 2012
- NY Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards arrested for drunken driving - Sep 21, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy, Junior's wife charged with drink driving - May 19, 2010
- Why drunk drivers feel they are fit to get behind the wheel - Aug 18, 2010
- Adelaide hero Swann to face drink-drive trial at home - Dec 08, 2010
- Michael Johnson Charged With Fourth Degree For Driving Drunk At 178 Mph - Aug 20, 2010
- Pakistani stalker of JFK's granddaughter wants to go to trial - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: bedford town, blood alcohol level, court judge, jail time, kerry, lawyer, mary kennedy, new york city, new york post, police officer, psychiatrist, quarterly reports, relatives, robert f kennedy, robert f kennedy jr, supportive letters