Robbie Williams plans 10 million-pound comeback tourMay 11th, 2009 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 11 (IANS) British pop singer Robbie Williams is planning to stage a 10 million-pound comeback tour and hopes to establish himself as the king of pop.
The “Angels” singer has decided against joining his old band Take That in favour of a series of solo performances at London’s O2 arena next year, the same venue where Michael Jackson is doing 50 shows later this year, reported femalefirst.co.uk
“He wants to blow Michael Jackson and Take That out of the water with his comeback tour. It’s going to be huge. He wants these shows to help re-establish him as the king of pop,” said a source.
“Robbie has been itching to get back in front of a live audience since he started writing his new album two years ago. He is planning to put on a super show to win back all the fans he has lost,” added the source.
Following the lukewarm reception of his 2006 album “Rudebox”, the 35-year-old has spent two years writing new material.
- Robbie Williams' life to be turned into West End musical - Jan 26, 2011
- Michael Jackson's New Song "Breaking News" Released - Nov 08, 2010
- Can ‘Michael’ Be A Success Without Much Of Michael Jackson? - Dec 13, 2010
- Robbie William to relaunch solo career? - Mar 14, 2011
- Robbie Williams plans musical on his life - Jan 27, 2011
- Robbie Williams to return to his solo career? - Mar 14, 2011
- New Michael Jackson album to be relased in December - Nov 06, 2010
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- Today is Michael Jackson's birthday - Aug 29, 2011
- Details About Michael Jackson's Last Day Emerge - Jun 21, 2010
- Jackson's glove, shoe to be cemented at Grauman Theater - Jan 07, 2012
- Michael Jackson's Last Day: The World Looks Back - Jun 21, 2010
- Robbie Williams Rejoins 'Take That' - Jul 16, 2010
- Is Johnny Depp going to play Michael Jackson in a movie? - Nov 17, 2011
- Jackson's 'deathbed' up for auction - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: 10 million, angels, audience, british pop, comeback tour, favour, femalefirst, king of pop, lukewarm reception, michael jackson, new album, o2, pop singer, robbie williams, singer robbie williams, solo performances, tour london, venue