Robber-rapist jailed after 19 years in ChinaMay 19th, 2012 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 19 (IANS) A 53-year-old Chinese who raped a woman on a train between Beijing and Moscow 19 years ago, and who also took part in 13 robberies in Russia, has been sentenced to life in prison.
Jia Xiaoming was also deprived of political rights for life, the Shanghai Daily reported citing the Beijing Railway Transportation Intermediate Court.
In March 1993, the man boarded the Trans-Siberian Express, which took six days to travel from Beijing and Moscow. He met a woman and raped her in her compartment twice.
Between December 1991 and May 1993, Jia and several partners robbed more than 30 Chinese merchants in railway stations, hotels and residences in Moscow.
The man has been on the run since his crimes came to light in 1993.
He was arrested in June 2011, after hiding for more than 18 years.
- Chinese youth rapes, robs, kills 91-year-old - Feb 10, 2012
- Blackmail rapist jailed for 19 years - Jan 14, 2012
- Three Chinese robbers sentenced to death - Jul 19, 2012
- Visiting a crime spot to repent - Aug 21, 2011
- Man tests gun, kills woman - Jan 05, 2012
- Deaf-mute jailed for sex attacks in China - Sep 28, 2011
- Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Rapist-arsonist jailed for life in Russia - Aug 15, 2012
- Chinese man to die for keeping sex slaves - Jul 19, 2011
- Chinese man jailed for robbing corn on the cob - Jul 18, 2012
- A Chinese couple that wants to resemble twins - Aug 24, 2012
- Chinese police hunt for suspect in armed robbery - Jan 06, 2012
- India's Darjeeling makes it to 'top 10 places to enjoy cup of tea' - Dec 12, 2009
- Girl of 4 who must wear adult man's shoes - Sep 13, 2011
- Women gives birth in Russian train - May 17, 2012
Tags: 18 years, 19 years, china beijing, chinese merchants, crimes, hotels, intermediate court, life in prison, moscow, railway stations, railway transportation, rapist, robber, robberies, russia, shanghai, six days, trans siberian express, woman on a train