RNC keeping mum about Palin’’s $150,000 WardrobeMarch 5th, 2009 - 3:22 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 5 (ANI): The U.S. Republican National Committee is keeping mum as to whether charities have been given the 150,000 dollars worth of clothing it bought for Alaska Governor during her vice presidential run last year.
So far as Palins spokeswoman Meg Stapleton knows, the high-priced clothing has been donated to charity.
“To my knowledge, the RNC donated the clothes, and in a quiet and respectful manner,” FOXNews.com quoted her as saying in an e-mail.
However, RNC spokesman Alex Conant has not confirmed as yet whether it has donated the clothes.
“I have nothing to add to that,” he told the website upon being asked repeatedly where the clothes have gone.
The RNC, however, denied that it was still having the clothes in trash bags at its Washington headquarters.
Stapleton said that she knew where the clothing had gone, but would not tell much out of respect for the charities that might sell them to earn money for their operations and causes.
“I did ask for the names of some of the charities. We were quite pleased with the RNC’’s choices. I will not share the names of those charities, as that quiet and respectful manner to which I referred protects us from members of the media invading those charities in search of the clothes,” Stapleton said.
She even added: “The media has portrayed this as a personal Palin story. It is not. The clothes were accessories to a campaign just like the lighting and the stage. This is an RNC issue.” (ANI)
- RNC releases new report to close the loop on Palin clothes expenditure - Apr 09, 2009
- Palin''s $180K worth of clothes in garbage bags at Republican Committee headquarters - Jan 24, 2009
- Republican National Committees $180K spending on Palin and family - Dec 07, 2008
- $150,000 Sarah Palin shopping spree pronounced legal - May 20, 2009
- Sarah Palin's Aide, Meghan Stapleton Resigns - Feb 25, 2010
- Sarah Palin Divorce Rumors Untrue - Aug 02, 2009
- Bill Maher slammed for calling Sarah Palin a 'dumb twat' - Mar 24, 2011
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- 'Sarah Palin thought Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11' - Jan 11, 2010
- Palins rule out divorce rumors - Aug 03, 2009
- Sarah Palin branded a 'dumb twat' - Mar 23, 2011
- Palin's trusted aide resigns, to spend more time with family - Feb 25, 2010
- Palin asks Republican committee to remove her name from New Orleans fundraising invite - Apr 02, 2010
- Disinvited for second time, 'miffed' Palin may skip GOP gala fundraiser altogether - Jun 08, 2009
- Sarah Palin Fund Declared Illegal, Defense Fund To Payback All Donors - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: alaska governor, alex, charities, charity, choices, clothes, conant, e mail, lighting, meg, palin, republican national committee, respectful manner, rnc, spokesman, spokeswoman, stapleton, trash bags, wardrobe, washington headquarters