Rivals HCL, TCS may swallow up Satyam, says analyst firmJanuary 14th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan.14 (ANI): Satyam Computer Services is likely be swallowed up by one of its rivals because of the billion-dollar corporate fraud scandal.
According to analyst firm IDC, HCL and Tata Consultancy Services are the frontrunners to acquire Satyam, but second-tier multinationals such as Fujitsu, Atos Origin and Cap Gemini could also be in the running.
According to The Times, IDC forecasts acquisition as the most likely outcome for Satyam.
In its report it said the key unanswered question in the corporate fraud is the role that Satyams auditor PricewaterhouseCoopers played.
IDC believes that rival firms will be knocking on the door to scoop up Satyams customers and said there was already an opportunity for this as part of Telstras review of its application management arrangements with Satyam.
In a table in the report, IDC valued Telstras application management contract with Satyam at 32 million dollars, but said this expired in January 2008.
Other Satyam contracts with Australian customers listed by IDC include two custom application development (CAD) contracts with Qantas. One for 80 million dollars over five years, expiring in September 2011, and another for 55 million dollars over seven years, expiring in 2013.
It has a 12 million dollar deal to provide CAD services to Suncorp over three years, which expires in July 2010. It also has a three-year, 20 million dollar application management contract with an unnamed Australian transport company, expiring in July 2010. (ANI)
- Satyam board to meet on January 17: Deepak Parekh - Jan 15, 2009
- Qantas praises Mahindra Satyam as a good value partner - Sep 02, 2009
- Telstra cancels 32 m dollar deal with Satyam - Mar 17, 2009
- $10m US settlement in firm's interest, says Mahindra Satyam - Apr 06, 2011
- Tech Mahindra seeks end to eight-year World Bank ban on Satyam Computer Services - Jul 02, 2009
- Satyam to pay $10mn to US regulator to settle fraud charges - Apr 06, 2011
- Satyam appoints new boss for ANZ - Jun 01, 2009
- Keste to expand India operations with $2.5 mn investment - Jul 12, 2012
- Satyam, PWC units to pay penalties for accounting frauds - Apr 06, 2011
- HCL Technologies signs deal with Deutsche Bank - Sep 21, 2011
- Tech Mahindra in talks with Satyam's Australian clients to salvage reputation - Jun 25, 2009
- Wipro ranked as leader among testing services providers - Sep 22, 2010
- Satyam customers may take a cost hit - Jan 20, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam's merger with Tech Mahindra next year - Nov 10, 2011
- Satyam Australia chief quits - May 27, 2009
Tags: analyst firm, application management, atos origin, australian customers, australian transport, cad services, cap gemini, corporate fraud, custom application development, dollar deal, firm melbourne, fraud scandal, frontrunners, management arrangements, management contract, qantas, rival firms, satyam computer services, tata consultancy services, unanswered question