Rising star Jindal gets top GOP speaking slot reserved for BushJanuary 24th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan24 (ANI): Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal will headline the National Republican Congressional Committees March fundraising dinner a move sure to raise speculation that Jindal is trying to raise his national profile.
Jindal, a rising star in the Republican Party and a potential 2012 White House contender, will take the speaking slot that in years past belonged to former President George W Bush, Politico.com reported.
In an e-mail to donors on Friday, NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions wrote: Bobby is a rising star and is a part of a new generation of leadership in our party. He has a budding record of success, having implemented sound, common sense business practices since he took office in 2007 and started rebuilding his great state.
Jindal has said he is only focused on running for re-election in Baton Rouge in 2011.
But in November the Louisiana Governor made a foray to Iowa, home of the presidential caucuses, so hes not doing much to tamp down the 2012 speculation. (ANI)
- Bobby Jindal blasts Obama, helps Romney - Jul 17, 2012
- Indian American politicians rake in cash - Aug 12, 2011
- Is Bobby Jindal running 2012 US presidential race? - Jan 24, 2009
- Is Bobby Jindal running 2012 US presidential race? (Repeating) - Jan 25, 2009
- Bobby Jindal wins 2nd term in landslide - Oct 23, 2011
- Bobby Jindal's support base grows - Sep 02, 2011
- Bobby Jindal 'not interested' in running for president in 2012 - Nov 18, 2010
- Bobby Jindal intensifies attack on Obama - Jul 19, 2012
- Haley, Jindal in Romney's VP guessing game - May 05, 2012
- Jindal, Hillary discount White House runs - Nov 22, 2010
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Don't hate Obama, defeat him: Bobby Jindal - Jun 18, 2011
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Jindal puts off book to focus on oil spill - May 26, 2010
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: baton rouge, bobby jindal, bush washington, business practices, congressional committees, contender, e mail, foray, former president, fundraising dinner, george w bush, louisiana governor, national profile, new generation, nrcc, pete sessions, president george w bush, presidential caucuses, republican party, rising star