Rio Bravo Bridge Arms Bust Makes NewsDecember 23rd, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 23, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The newly opened Alliance International Bridge which links Rio Bravo with Donna is hogging headlines. The bridge was thrown open for public use Tuesday amidst an elaborate ceremony. Ruben Hinojosa, the U.S. Congressman hosted an event while on the Mexican part President Felipe Calderon attended another ceremony. The latest update is that the first bust at the bridge has been found. Within a few days the authorities have stumbled upon a lot of weapons and loads of ammunition that were going to be sneaked into Mexico. The officers of U.S. Customs and Border Protection arrested Pablo Reducindo-Chavez under federal firearms laws on Saturday for the arms bust. The man is 45 years old.
Just when the bridge opened on Saturday morning the guy tried to sneak in to Mexico with a federal firearms charges having Tennesse license plates. The custom officers were shocked to find four shotguns, two handguns as well as 20 rifles. The ammunition and arms were wrapped in plastic and carefully hidden among clothings. The arrested man told the customs officials that he had purchased the weapon in Tennessee and had a plan to sell them in Guerrero. He also added that he did this for getting the money for a sick child.
After witnessing the huge amount of ammunition and guns the CBP handed over the man who is supposed to be Mexican national to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agents. They will try to find more information on this. The news has made sensation in the media circle in USA. It is not known if the arrested man has any criminal record.
- US agent accused of buying guns for Mexican cartels - Apr 13, 2012
- Florida resident sentenced for smuggling methamphetamine - Feb 20, 2010
- Pakistani who killed 40 arrested - Aug 08, 2012
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Four slain at festival in Mexico - Jul 27, 2012
- Mexican immigrant sentenced for dealing firearms without license - Mar 10, 2010
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- Two Mexican drug traffickers sentenced over 24 years in prison - Feb 19, 2010
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Suspect arrested in shooting of Paraguayan soccer star - Jan 20, 2011
- Five held with spying gear in Mexico - Sep 21, 2010
- Man rapes daughter, sells her for $365 - Dec 12, 2011
- Mexican marines capture son of Sinaloa drug cartel leader - Jun 22, 2012
- Mexican woman spends three years as sex slave - Nov 10, 2009
- Man on trial for planning terror attacks on World Cup stadiums - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: 45 years, alliance international, cbp, criminal record, customs and border protection, customs officials, federal firearms laws, handguns, immigration and customs enforcement, international bridge, license plates, president felipe calderon, ranjan, rio bravo, ruben hinojosa, shotguns, sick child, tennesse, u s customs and border protection, u s immigration and customs enforcement