Richard Branson’s charity flight dressed as “stewardess” postponed againApril 23rd, 2011 - 3:59 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, April 23 (ANI): British Billionaire Sir Richard Branson’s charity flight, which was rescheduled on May 1, has been postponed again until July 4 due to the royal wedding.
Branson is to serve as an AirAsia “stewardess” on the long-haul flight, dressed in the budget airline’s striking red uniform for a charity.
AirAsia announced that the May 1 flight from London to Kuala Lumpur had to be postponed to help address the growing difficulty in obtaining accommodation and flights into London around that time of the royal wedding on April 29.
“This is brought about by the increase in the number of people visiting London over the long bank holiday weekend and the royal wedding,” the Star Online quoted the airline as saying in a statement.
“The flight will now be rescheduled to depart from London for Kuala Lumpur on July 4. The new date also provides guests better access and comfort for travel into and within London.
“Those who have purchased tickets for the charity flight on AirAsiaGo.com will be given a full refund or the option to transfer the booking to the new date,” it added. (ANI)
- Branson's stint as stewardess put on hold after he injures his knee - Jan 15, 2011
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
- Malaysia's AirAsia offering 200 dollar return flights from Oz to London - Jun 09, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to shave his legs, wear make-up after losing bet? - Nov 17, 2010
- Richard Branson to serve as 'stewardess' after losing a bet - Nov 15, 2010
- Virgin boss Branson to dress as AirAsia stewardess after losing bet - Nov 16, 2010
- AirAsia chief accepts Branson's 'F1 loser to wear air stewardess dress' challenge - Dec 18, 2009
- Malaysian budget airliner Air Asia to target two million passengers to India - Jan 28, 2010
- Malaysian airlines troubled by crash rumours - Mar 17, 2011
- Indian-origin official named Airline CEO of the Year - Nov 29, 2009
- Malaysia's AirAsia wins TTG best Asian low-cost carrier award - Oct 12, 2010
- Air Asia X offers free one-way flight to Kaula Lumpur - Aug 16, 2010
- AirAsia set to become most connected non-local airline in India - Nov 21, 2009
- Air India grounds bulk of Boeing 777 fleet - May 11, 2012
- AirAsia launches flight to Bangalore - May 21, 2010
Tags: accommodation, april 29, bank holiday weekend, billionaire, budget airline, charity flight, flights, july 4, kuala lumpur, long haul, may 1, new date, royal wedding, sir richard branson, stewardess, visiting london