Rice spoke to Musharraf for 20 minutesNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:15 am ICT by admin
Meanwhile, State Dept spokesman Sean McCormack said that he was unable to say how long the review of US assistance to Pakistan would take.
The ultimate goal, he explained, is to make sure that “anything that we do helps Pakistan get further down that road of building democratic institutions, down the pathway to democracy, down the pathway to further political and economic reform”.
Earlier, Rice urged Musharraf to “return to a constitutional path” so that the general elections can be held in the country.
“We think that the best thing for Pakistan is to return to a constitutional path and then hold elections,” the Daily Times quoted Rice, as saying.
“It is also true that President Musharraf said that he would take off his uniform and that would be an important step,” she added. (ANI)
- Ex-military colleagues back Musharraf's return - Jan 23, 2012
- Musharraf's political party formally launches recruitment drive in Pak - Jun 09, 2010
- Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir Pagara - Sep 23, 2010
- Plea for registering political party in Musharraf's name - Apr 06, 2010
- Musharraf to formally launch new party in September, says spokesperson - Aug 28, 2010
- Its official: Musharraf to return to Pakistan to re-launch career in politics - Sep 11, 2010
- Musharraf to contest next elections in Pakistan - May 17, 2010
- Musharraf's new party receiving 'overwhelming' response, claims aide - Sep 18, 2010
- Musharraf discusses Pak political situation with AML chief - Nov 21, 2010
- Musharraf may return soon: ex-Pak Army official - Feb 07, 2010
- Musharraf going to UAE to plot possible political comeback? - Mar 22, 2010
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf promises his party will bring Pak back "on track of progress" - Jun 15, 2010
- More than 60 Pak senators want to meet Musharraf - May 03, 2010
- Musharraf prepares to storm Pakistan politics - Jul 08, 2010