Revolt against Malaysian Indian Congress President strengthensMay 22nd, 2010 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
Petaling Jaya, May 22(ANI): Expelled Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) Youth deputy chief V. Mugilan, who had demanded the resignation of party President S. Samy Vellu, has said that he would make an explosive statement about the leader.
“I have a big statement to make that will shake Samy Vellu,” The Star quoted Mugilan, as saying.
Meanwhile, the call for Vellu’s resignation has further gained momentum with two high-ranking MIC leaders joining Mugilan in making a similar demand.
MIC Central Working Committee (CWC) member K.P. Samy said Vellu had overstayed his tenure as party President and must leave for the MIC to recover from its current predicament.
“We lost heavily in the last general election and have also lost the support of the community that we profess to represent. The MIC is in bad shape and to rejuvenate it, Samy Vellu has to leave,” K.P. Samy said.
Another CWC member G. Kumar Aamaan called for Vellu’s early resignation, saying that Mugilan’s sacking was a way for Vellu to silence his critics.
“Maika Holdings cannot even be managed properly, how can he (Samy Vellu) even manage the Indian community? I dare him to sack me after this,” Kumar said. (ANI)
- Revolt against Malaysian Indian Congress president - May 23, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress expels two CWC members - May 25, 2010
- Malaysian-Indian Congress President Vellu hits out at critics, sacks opposers - May 31, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress battling to woo back Indian vote bank - May 26, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress president Vellu says he's 'invincible' - Jul 05, 2010
- Malay Indian leader Palanivel figuring out ways to accept sacked members - Jan 04, 2011
- Two Malaysian Indian Congress leaders sacked - May 25, 2010
- No crisis in Malaysian Indian Congress, leaders tell PM - May 24, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress faces internal conflict - May 23, 2010
- G. Palanivel named new Malaysian Indian Congress Chief - Dec 06, 2010
- MIC deputy youth chief sacked for seeking Vellu's resignation - May 21, 2010
- K.P Samy gives ultimatum to MIC President S. Samy Vellu to unite Indians - Jun 23, 2010
- Malaysian Indian Congress chief to be business envoy - Nov 22, 2010
- MIC man plans to sue committee member for defamation - Jul 14, 2010
- MIC President names deputy Palanivel as his successor - May 27, 2010
Tags: bad shape, congress president, cwc, deputy chief, general election, maika holdings, malaysian indian congress, mic, momentum, mugilan, party president, petaling jaya, predicament, resignation, revolt, samy vellu, tenure, working committee