Republican think tank sidelines Jindal as future GOP leaderApril 4th, 2009 - 12:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr.4 (ANI): The Heritage Foundation, a prominent conservative think tank in Washington, has anointed Representative Paul Ryan “the leader of the future of the conservative movement.”
According to Fox News, Ryan has sidelined Jindal, Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia.
At 39, Ryan has become the go-to-guy on policy.
“I’m the man of the hour because I’m the top Republican on the House Budget Committee,” he told Fox News in an interview.
Republicans are desperately seeking a new generation of leaders as it attempts to recover from two devastating election cycles that stripped them of power in Congress and the White House.
Elected to Congress in his 20s, Ryan is a self-described nerd.
A husband and father of three children, Ryan’s got a knack for simplifying complex budget concepts.
He’s confident, not cocky — he picks up his own dry cleaning — but he’s clearly being groomed.
Ryan, however, is wary of party elders. Like last year’s GOP presidential nominee, John McCain, he fancies himself a reformer, blaming “them” — the nameless Republican old guard — for abandoning principle and shrinking the party. (ANI)
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade support - May 01, 2011
- Top Republican Congressman confident of deficit deal - Oct 16, 2011
- Pawlenty becomes first GOP 2012 Presidential contender to announce intention to run - Mar 22, 2011
- Romney picks conservative Paul Ryan as running mate - Aug 11, 2012
- Former Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty drops out of presidential race - Aug 15, 2011
- State of the Union: Republicans say Obama not doing enough to reduce deficits - Jan 26, 2011
- Bachmann emerges as face of Tea Party, Palin's star waning - Jan 27, 2011
- Republican 'Young Guns' critical of Bush to offer real change to voters - Sep 06, 2010
- Ahead of challenging Obama, Jindal rehearses on teleprompter! - Feb 24, 2009
- Jindal, Palin still on GOP leaders short list for 2012 - Mar 01, 2009
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- 'Dark horse candidate' will be formidable opponent to Obama: Richardson - Mar 07, 2011
- Minnesota's Bachmann posing a challenge to Palin, other GOP leaders - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: budget committee, conservative movement, conservative think tank, dry cleaning, election cycles, eric cantor, fox news, gop leader, governor tim pawlenty, heritage foundation, house minority whip, john mccain, knack, man of the hour, minnesota governor tim pawlenty, paul ryan, presidential nominee, reformer, sidelines, tim pawlenty