Republican Schwarzenegger and Obama to appear on one platformMarch 18th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.18 (ANI): Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger will appear with President Barack Obama on one platform in California later this week, according to a source.
According to Politico, though details havent been finalized as yet, the Republican governor is expected to join Obama at one of his public stops in Southern California.
Schwarzenegger has been an outspoken ally of Obama since the president was sworn in, offering him a measure of bipartisan cover on a stimulus package that was overwhelmingly opposed by congressional Republicans.
The former movie star has also backed Obama on issues related to climate change and energy.
On Friday, Schwarzenegger will rejoin Obama at the White House to discuss infrastructure issues with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell.
By appearing with Obama in California the presidents first visit since being sworn in Schwarzenegger is sure to restart speculation that he may be in line for a job in the administration after he leaves Sacramento next year.
It wont be the first time Obama won support from a high-profile GOP governor. The president stood with Florida Govrnor Charlie Crist last month at a Ft. Myers town hall aimed at winning support for the stimulus.
Like Schwarzenegger, Crist backed the legislation. Both governors hew to a centrist path and embrace the sort of post-partisan rhetoric Obama voiced on the campaign trail. (ANI)
- Schwarzenegger predicts Obama will win again in 2012 - Oct 06, 2010
- Schwarzenegger asks fellow governors to give aid package if they dont need it - Feb 23, 2009
- Penssylvania reviews the Federal Recovery program in its first year anniversary - Feb 19, 2010
- Medvedev accepts Schwarzenegger invite for skiing - Jan 04, 2011
- I'd consider a post in the Obama Administration, says Arnie - Dec 19, 2010
- Rick Perry gets the backing of Dean Cannon - Aug 25, 2011
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell Delivers Republican Response To State Of The Union Address - Jan 28, 2010
- New governors of California, Nevada, Minnesota, and Wisconsin usher in the new era - Jan 04, 2011
- State of the Union: Republicans say Obama not doing enough to reduce deficits - Jan 26, 2011
- Gingrich announces withdrawal from Republican primaries - May 03, 2012
- Ann Coulter opens up on Piers Morgan show - Jun 08, 2011
- Rep. Michelle Bachmann opens CPAC (conservative political action conference) - Feb 11, 2011
- Bobby Jindal wins 2nd term in landslide - Oct 23, 2011
- Californian Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Likens The Notorious Mel Gibson With The Oil Seepage In The Gulf Of Mexico - Jul 26, 2010
- It's now Professor Arnold Schwarzenegger! - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: arnold schwarzenegger, barack obama, campaign trail, centrist path, charlie crist, climate change, congressional republicans, ed rendell, ft myers, gov ed rendell, governor arnold schwarzenegger, high profile, infrastructure issues, mayor michael bloomberg, michael bloomberg, new york city mayor, partisan rhetoric, pennsylvania gov, republican governor, stimulus package