Republican Prez hopeful McCain to announce his V-P candidate tomorrowAugust 28th, 2008 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
Washington , Aug 28 (ANI): Republican presidential candidate and Senator John McCain has reportedly chosen the candidate who will fight the vice-presidential election against Democrats Joe Biden, who was chosen by Democratic presidential hopeful by Barack Obama a couple of days ago.
McCain is expected to announce the name of his running mate tomorrow at a large rally in Dayton , Ohio , at noon. The rally would be followed by join appearances in Pennsylvania and Missouri , the CBS quoted sources as saying.
According to media reports, there could be three potential options for McCain, namely former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman.
According to the report, Romney seems to have garnered the most attention, in light of Barack Obamas selection of Joe Biden as his number two. Romney is thought to have the ability to hold his own against the Delaware senator, who is known for his formidable debating skills.
But, the controversy over McCains failure to state off the top of his head how many houses he owns could mean that picking Romneya multimillionaire businessman with four houses of his ownwould open the Republican ticket to charges of being out of touch. (ANI)
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Pawlenty becomes first GOP 2012 Presidential contender to announce intention to run - Mar 22, 2011
- Democrats not happy with Romney's first TV ad - Nov 22, 2011
- Romney pads up lead as Santorum wins Kansas - Mar 11, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: governor mitt romney, governor tim pawlenty, joe biden, minnesota governor tim pawlenty, mitt romney, republican presidential candidate, republican ticket, senator joe lieberman, senator john mccain, tim pawlenty