Republican Party using Jindal to reinvent itselfMarch 3rd, 2009 - 4:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.3 (ANI): While Louisianas Indian-origin Governor Bobby Jindal may not be quite ready for prime time, he does represent the Republican Partys attempt to reinvent itself by broadening its base.
It is remarkable that this 37-year-old first generation American policy wonk is being regarded as the Grand Old Partys new young savior.
Jindal doesnt see himself as the president of the United States in the immediate future.
When asked by a tourist whether he”d be our (Americas) next president, the governor replied, “No, no. I need to fix my state.”
This son of immigrants and Ivy League educated has been called the great beige hope of the Republican Party.
Jindal is the first non-white governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction, and in a state that has been described as “half under water, half under indictment,” he’’s a far cry from what Louisiana voters had taken for granted: lily-white good ole boys who made more headlines for scandal and corruption than for governance. (ANI)
- Jindal will sign "birther bill" if passed by Louisiana legislature - Apr 20, 2011
- Indian-American Nikki Haley is South Carolina governor (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Jindal is cracking down on fake bath salts used by drug dealers - Jan 12, 2011
- Indian-Americans get prime spots at US presidential conventions - Aug 21, 2012
- As hurricane hits home, Bobby Jindal takes charge - Aug 29, 2012
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Indian-American Nikki Haley set to become South Carolina governor - Jan 12, 2011
- Santorum wins Louisiana to slow down Romney - Mar 25, 2012
- Nikki Haley skips White House dinner to meet friends - Feb 28, 2012
- Jindal, Hillary discount White House runs - Nov 22, 2010
- Bobby Jindal wins 2nd term in landslide - Oct 23, 2011
- Bobby Jindal blasts Obama, helps Romney - Jul 17, 2012
- Indian-American Nikki Haley begins historic run as governor (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Nikki Haley on Newsweek cover - Jul 17, 2010
- India gets high praise in Republican platform - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: bobby jindal, corruption, far cry, governance, governor of louisiana, headlines, immediate future, immigrants, indian origin, indictment, ivy league, lily white, louisiana voters, policy wonk, president of the united states, prime time, reconstruction, republican party, savior, scandal