Republican lawmaker Pawlenty apologizes for cap-and-trade supportMay 1st, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 1 (ANI): Potential Republican Presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty has issued an apology for his past support for a cap-and-trade environmental policy.
Former Minnesota Governor said that his past support for an environment policy was a mistake.
“It was a mistake, it was stupid and I’m sorry,” The Politico quoted Pawlenty, as saying.
Pawlenty also said he has got “some clunkers” in his record, just like other possible GOP candidates who served as a governor.
He clearly referred to the cap-and-trade views taken at various times by several potential Republican candidates, including former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman.
Earlier, Pawlenty presented himself as an environmental leader, pushing for aggressive reductions in greenhouse gases and a regional cap-and-trade plan.
He signed a 2007 law that forces an 80 percent cut in Minnesota’s greenhouse gas emissions by midcentury.
But now, with a presidential exploratory committee up and running, Pawlenty’s past views are changing. (ANI)
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Pawlenty becomes first GOP 2012 Presidential contender to announce intention to run - Mar 22, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential polls - Mar 27, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Huntsman quits US presidential race - Jan 17, 2012
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Donald Trump's approval ratings top Romney and Pawlenty - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, environmental leader, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former minnesota governor, gop candidates, governor jon huntsman, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, greenhouse gas emissions, greenhouse gases, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, presidential exploratory committee, republican candidates, republican lawmaker, republican presidential candidate, sarah palin, tim pawlenty