Republican Giuliani says `President’ Hillary Clinton ‘would move US to the Left’November 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
The Telegraph quoted Giuliani as saying that only among his fellow Republicans possessed the muscle to prevent Hillary Clinton from becoming the country’s first female president next year.
With just two months to go before the first primary elections to select candidates for the presidential poll, and with the former first lady likely to win the Democratic Party’s nomination, Giuliani engaged in the Republican pastime of Clinton-bashing in an attempt to boost his own bid for the White House.
Giuliani, 61, who leads the party’s national polls, made it clear what his line of attack would be in the event of a presidential contest with the senator for New York: America can’t afford a Hillary Clinton presidency.
He attacked Mrs Clinton’s plan for a 5,000-dollar bond for new-born babies as irresponsible, saying it would cost 22 billion dollars after “Hillary’s picture had been put on the bond”.
The former New York mayor then rattled off proposals of his own: cutting taxes; not replacing half of the civil servants retiring in the next 10 years and tax deductions for private health insurance payments.
To approving nods, he recalled his record as mayor, as he does on almost every day of his campaign, cutting taxes 23 times and saving nine billion dollars from New York’s budget.
His assault on Mrs Clinton was based on the calculations that she is the Republicans’ greatest asset, given the enduring antipathy of so many voters towards her. (ANI)
- 'Giuliani considering presidential bid for second time' - Jan 08, 2011
- Gingrich to launch 2012 Prez bid - Mar 02, 2011
- Lady Gaga to lead new year's countdown - Dec 29, 2011
- The Daughter Of Rudy Giuliani Detained On The Charge Of Shoplifting At A Cosmetological Sore In Manhattan - Aug 05, 2010
- Democratic favouritism outlines Trump political donation history - Apr 27, 2011
- Bill Clinton book hails Obama anti-crisis measures - Nov 06, 2011
- US Democrat Geraldine passes away, aged 75 - Mar 27, 2011
- 'We will look at 2012 presidential run very seriously': Gingrich - Mar 04, 2011
- Doubts about Obama's US citizenship ludicrous: Bill Clinton - Apr 05, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Rudy Giuliani's daughter arrested on shoplifting charges - Aug 05, 2010
- Indian-Americans get prime spots at US presidential conventions - Aug 21, 2012
- Obama, Romney in a tight race: Poll - Apr 19, 2012
- How good are Obama's chances to win a second term? - Apr 05, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: antipathy, billion dollars, dollar bond, female president, former new york mayor, giulifellow republicans, hillary clinton, insurance payments, mrs clinton, national polls, new born babies, new york mayor, party supporters, president hillary, presidential contest, presidential poll, primary elections, republican, state of new hampshire