Remote controlled bomb caused blast in PhilippinesJanuary 26th, 2011 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Jan 26 (IANS) A homemade remote-controlled bomb caused the huge explosion Tuesday in a passenger bus in a Philippine city, killing five people, an official said.The massive explosion took place in Makati city in which 13 people were injured.
National Security Adviser Cesar Garcia said that the blast was caused by an 81mm mortar that was connected to a phone, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
Garcia said that this kind of explosive device has been used by terrorist groups in the past.
- At least 4 people killed and 14 injured after bus bomb in Philippines - Jan 25, 2011
- 9 killed in Peshawar bomb blast (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- 5 killed in Peshawar bomb blast (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Philippine police foil bomb attack on passenger bus - Dec 31, 2008
- 15 dead, over 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Three killed, 20 hurt in Pakistan bombing - Apr 29, 2012
- One hurt in Peshawar blast (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Three killed, 25 injured in Karachi blast - Aug 17, 2012
- On Pakistan Independence Day, blasts, accidents kill 39 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- One killed, 11 hurt in Peshawar bombing (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Pakistan Navy bus bombing leaves three dead, 20 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Boy dies in Pakistan blast - Mar 07, 2012
- 34 killed, 80 hurt in Peshawar twin blasts (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Three dead, 20 hurt in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan blast - Feb 13, 2012