Reliance to sign pact with Peru’s state oil firmJuly 8th, 2008 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Lima, July 8 (IANS) Peru’s state-owned petroleum company Petroperu has announced a pact with Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) to explore oil and gas in the Andean nation, Spain’s EFE news agency reported Tuesday. “We’ll formalise the agreements that were adopted over the past few weeks and in the coming days will provide details on this association, in order to explore blocks that potentially contain gas or petroleum,” Petroperu President Cesar Gutierrez said Monday.
The alliance may also consider participating in an upcoming Peruvian government auction of 22 blocks with hydrocarbon potential, he said, adding that the auction is scheduled to open in September.
Earlier this year, RIL acquired a 90 percent stake in an oil block in the Andean region of Puno in Peru from Irish company Pan Andean Resources.
The Indian conglomerate also owns 30 percent stake in a block located in the Ene river basin that is operated by Argentina’s Pluspetrol and Australia’s Woodside Petroleum and a 10 percent stake in a block operated by Spain’s Repsol YPF for oil prospecting in the Amazon jungle region of Loreto.
- Argentine oil firm looks to attract investors - Aug 31, 2012
- Chinese-Spanish venture makes oil find in Brazil - Feb 28, 2012
- Argentine oil firm made $3 bn investments in 2011 - Feb 09, 2012
- Spanish firm buys Russian oil company for $230 mn - Dec 30, 2011
- Argentina to nationalize Spanish-controlled oil company - Apr 17, 2012
- Cuba estimates 2011 oil, gas output at four mn tonnes - Dec 22, 2011
- Cabinet approves $2.18 bn investment in Venezuela oil block - Mar 19, 2010
- BP sells operation in Colombia - Aug 04, 2010
- Spanish firm to explore for oil in Alaska - Mar 08, 2011
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Brazil's Petrobras announces deep-water oil find - Jan 27, 2011
- Repsol YPF announces first oil find in Libyan waters - Apr 22, 2009
- India, US to sign shale gas deal during Obama visit - Oct 27, 2010
- Argentina says oil company owes $8 mn in tax - Feb 16, 2012
- Latin America - Energising India (Comment) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: amazon jungle, andean nation, andean region, conglomerate, efe news agency, ene river, government auction, irish company, oil block, oil firm, pan andean resources, peruvian government, petroleum company, petroperu, pluspetrol, reliance industries, reliance industries limited, repsol ypf, state oil, woodside petroleum