Relations with India strategically important: Chinese ministerNovember 15th, 2010 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 15 (IANS) China attaches great importance to the strategic cooperative partnership with India and the two countries were keen on promoting bilateral ties in the areas of politics, economics, trade, and culture, Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi has said.
Yang said this during a discussion Sunday with India’s External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna at the 10th China-Russia-India foreign ministers’ meeting in Wuhan in Hubei province, Xinhuanet reported.
China said it was willing to strengthen “bilateral communication, coordination and cooperation” and to develop ties in politics, economics, trade, and culture, the report said.
The two countries were communicating closely on international and regional issues, said Yang, praising the continuing development of bilateral ties over the past 60 years.
The Chinese minister said this was possible because of the frequent high-level exchanges between the two countries.
He said leaders of both countries agreed that “the world is large enough to accommodate the common development of both China and India”.
On his part, Krishna said India and China were “ancient civilizations” that exerted influence on the international affairs of this century.
He welcomed Chinese enterprises to invest in Indian industries and infrastructure.
Meanwhile, statistics released by China’s General Administration of Customs showed that the trade volume between the two countries reached around $45 billion from January to September this year - up 43 percent compared to the same period last year.
The two leaders were also scheduled to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
- Krishna heads to China Sunday, UNSC on agenda - Nov 12, 2010
- Krishna in China for trilateral strategic talks - Nov 14, 2010
- Arab League chief calls for closer Arab-China ties - May 08, 2012
- Differences with India minor, says China - Jun 07, 2012
- Krishna to open new Indian embassy complex in Beijing - Feb 06, 2012
- Krishna holds bilateral meetings with Russian, Chinese counterparts - Nov 14, 2010
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- Ahead of BRICS summit, Krishna to visit China - Feb 03, 2012
- India touches base with future China PM, maps future ties (Roundup) - Jun 06, 2012
- Krishna goes to China for SCO summit - Jun 04, 2012
- Krishna meets next China PM, maps future ties (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- India, China open year of friendship, push boundary solution (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- China seeks peace with neighbours (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Krishna to attend RIC ministerial meeting in China - Nov 14, 2010
- Krishna to visit China next week - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: ancient civilizations, bilateral ties, china russia, chinese enterprises, chinese foreign minister, chinese minister, common development, continuing development, cooperative partnership, external affairs minister, foreign ministers, general administration, krishna, level exchanges, regional issues, relations with india, sergei lavrov, trade volume, wuhan, xinhuanet