Red Rooster to lend financial support to EbrahimApril 2nd, 2009 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 2 (IANS) Armaan Ebrahim, the only Indian entry in the inaugural Formula-two series this year, received a boost as Red Rooster Racing announced it would offer the 19-year-old from Chennai financial support.
Though the sponsorship amount was not officially disclosed, it is learnt that Red Rooster has offered a package of Rs.2.5 million.
Ebrahim was introduced as one of the Red Rooster Racing members at the unveiling of the team’s new livery here Thursday.
The Red Rooster sponsorship will cover a portion of the Rs.15 million budget that Ebrahim has to raise to race in the newly-formed series that is a rung below Formula One.
The F2 series provides a relatively cheaper alternative for aspirants with a fixed rate of 195,000 pounds Sterling for the 16-race championship.
All F2 cars will be produced to an identical specification and feature identical components to ensure equality.
The championship commences in Valencia, Spain, where the first round is scheduled to be held from May 29-31.
- Armaan signs up for Formula 2 - Feb 18, 2011
- Armaan set for fresh Formula 2 season - Apr 14, 2011
- Armaan hopeful of points finish in Formula 2 championship - Aug 25, 2011
- Chandhok, Gill shone in motorsports (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 26, 2010
- Armaan to test for Indy Lights series - Aug 17, 2011
- Bumpy ride for Karthikeyan and Chandhok - Oct 23, 2011
- Armaan in UK for Formula 2 pre-season testing - Mar 21, 2011
- Armaan signs for GT1 championship - Aug 31, 2012
- Armaan hopeful of improved show at Spa round of F2 season - Jun 23, 2011
- Armaan salvages one point in Formula 2 championships - Sep 06, 2010
- Armaan first Indian to secure a slot at Indy Lights - Sep 14, 2011
- Parthiva Sureshwaren returns to Formula 2 - Feb 13, 2012
- Armaan finishes sixth at Brands Hatch - Jul 24, 2011
- Armaan tests for Indy Lights - Nov 01, 2011
- Armaan 15th in Formula 2 motor race - Jun 01, 2009