Red Rooster to enter two-car teamApril 2nd, 2009 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 2 (IANS) Red Rooster Racing, the reigning National Rally champions, will again field a two-car team for the 2009 season.
Speaking on the occasion of the launch of the team, Roosters’ managing director Dinesh Reddy said they have retained Vikram Mathias (co-driver PVS Murthy) and Amittrajit Ghosh (co-driver Ashwin Naik) for the 2009 Indian National Rally Championship (INRC) that is expected to get underway in late May or early June.
Mathias regained the overall title last year ahead of Ghosh, both driving Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia in the N+ (modified) class.
Reddy also introduced other members of the Red Rooster Racing contingent that included: Gaurav Dalal and Akhil Khushlani (Formula Rolon), K Rajini, Preetham Dev Moses, Rohit Giri and Sameer Velugopalan (two-wheeler racing); Mohit Ahuja, Chirag Malhotra, M Venkataryudu and Arjun Maini (karting); and cyclcists Shamim Rizvi and Nilesh Dhumal.
Of the lot, Khushlani will also participate in the Formula BMW Pacific series while Rajini and Moses will be riding in the FIM Asian Grand Prix championship. The two bikers, along with Girish have also been entered for the Malaysian Super Series.
Red Rooster Racing is India’s only privately-owned motor sport team that was launched last year.
- Gill leads first round of National Rally Championship - Jun 25, 2010
- Naren tops for Red Rooster in third round of national rally - Sep 19, 2010
- Injured Gill faces tough task in K-1000 Rally - Dec 02, 2010
- Gill set to clinch Rally of Maharashtra - Jun 26, 2010
- Team Red Rooster leads Kerala Rally - Dec 17, 2010
- India racing drivers struggling to make a mark (Motorsport Yearender) - Dec 22, 2009
- Gill cruises to victory - Jun 27, 2010
- Urs leaves MRF for Odisha Rally - Dec 08, 2011
- MRF's Gill surges into lead at Misty Meadows - Dec 18, 2010
- Team MRF dominate Day 1 of Nashik Rally - Jun 03, 2011
- Gill triumphs in Rally of Kerala - Dec 19, 2010
- Gill in lead in first leg of Coffee Day rally - Nov 21, 2009
- Red Rooster Racing exit motorsports - Apr 25, 2011
- Red Rooster gets ready to sizzle Indian motors sports arena - Jun 07, 2008
- Exciting finale for INRC series - Nov 19, 2009
Tags: ahuja, car team, chirag, co driver, dalal, formula bmw, inrc, maini, malhotra, mitsubishi lancer, mitsubishi lancer cedia, mohit, national rally championship, rajini, rally champions, rally championship, red rooster, rizvi, shamim, two wheeler