Record breaking Harry Potter theme park Universal Orlando wows visitorsOctober 16th, 2010 - 5:18 pm ICT by ANI
Orlando, Oct 16 (ANI): Powered by its hugely popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando shattered records by clocking the best quarterly results in its 20-year history.
Attendance at Orlando’s No. 2 theme-park resort soared 36 percent in the third quarter when compared with the same period last year, climbing by 1 million visitors to 3.7 million, reports Orlandosentinel.com.
Needless to say, Universal is reaping a financial windfall from Wizarding World, its collection of rides, shops and eateries themed around the phenomenally popular Harry Potter franchise.
It earned revenue of 364 million dollars, fuelled by ticket sales and enormous demand for Potter-themed merchandise ranging from mugs of butterbeer to magic wands and Hogwarts school robes.
“We are seeing tremendous excitement for everything Universal Orlando Resort has to offer,” Bill Davis, president of Universal Orlando, said in a statement.
“We’re happy for what the Wizarding World of Harry Potter has done for our business and for all of the Central Florida tourism community,” he added.
Universal has earned rave reviews for Wizarding World, from its meticulous recreation of various Potter settings to the more than 600 unique products the resort designed for sale based on the fanciful food and objects found throughout the books.
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - Wizarding World’s centerpiece attraction, which uses a first-of-its-kind robotic roller-coaster system - have earned multiple industry awards. (ANI)
- Now, Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios - Jun 20, 2010
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter in US to soon open its doors for 'muggles'! - Mar 26, 2010
- Harry Potter Theme Park To Open Soon - May 30, 2010
- Harry Potter theme park in Florida close to completion - Feb 01, 2010
- Harry Potter Theme Park At Orlando Witnessing Record Crowd - Jul 11, 2010
- Coming soon: Harry Potter theme park - Sep 16, 2009
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Harry Potter Theme Park Will Be Open To Public This Spring - Sep 16, 2009
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter boss hopes park boosts tourism in Florida - Jun 17, 2010
- New flick may make 'Harry Potter' one of the most successful franchises - Jul 08, 2009
- Plans For Opening Harry Potter Theme Park Set Afloat - May 30, 2010
- Harry Potter theme park rides cannot accommodate fat visitors - Sep 17, 2010
- Harry Potter park opens in US for wizard fans - Jun 19, 2010
- Harry Potter theme park to open on the 18th of June - May 30, 2010
- Harry Potter series 'inspiring fans to create their own art' - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: books harry potter, butterbeer, centerpiece, central florida, eateries, enormous demand, financial windfall, florida tourism, harry potter theme park, hogwarts school, industry awards, magic wands, meticulous recreation, quarterly results, roller coaster, ticket sales, tourism community, unique products, universal orlando resort, wizarding world