Record breaking day for entering Guinness World RecordsNovember 12th, 2009 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 12 (ANI): Over 200,000 people across the globe are all set to enter the Guinness Book of Records as they try to break and make strange new records to achieve fame.
The events will be held as part of the World Records Day.
Turkey plans to break the most concrete blocks in a single stack while Northern Ireland will try and make the largest human mattress dominoes.
Texas wants to make a record of the largest number of lassoing simultaneously and Finland is going to make efforts to squeeze people from 83 countries into a sauna, reports Sky News.
London prepares to change its reputation of being a ‘not so friendly city’ as 200 commuters hug each other for a minute at St Pancras International.
Hundreds will be trying to skate and set the record for the Longest conga on ice at the Alexandra Palace.
London’s Hyde Park will see Manjit Singh, 59, vying for the world record of pulling a double decker bus for the furthest distance, with his hair.
Singh had earlier tried to break the record for pulling a double decker with his ears but failed.
In Belfast, people will don the costumes of storybook characters and the largest sports lesson will be organised.
“British Master’s Squat Power Lifting Champion” Shaun Jones will try to bag title for most weight squat lifted in one hour and Southampton folks will try to dance their way to the record book in the largest salsa lesson.
The Guinness Book of Records presently aces the official UK top 50-bookchart. (ANI)
- Human dominoes smash Guinness World Record - Jul 16, 2012
- Man attempts Guinness record with 300 kg shoes on - Aug 10, 2012
- World record for human mattress dominoes broken by 400 Brits - Oct 04, 2010
- Mexico City Cooks Up World's Largest Enchilada - Oct 19, 2010
- Mexicans chefs prepare world's largest enchilada - Oct 19, 2010
- Top Colombian salsa band eyes Bollywood - Jul 31, 2010
- In paying tribute to Hazarika, guitarists create record - Jun 04, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: Record-breaker Lu lifts gold - Aug 02, 2012
- Arjun Rampal shaves with 150 people to attempt world record - Mar 11, 2011
- Terence Lewis creates Guinness World Record (With Images) - Mar 21, 2011
- Colors to bring 'Guinness World Records' to India - Dec 24, 2010
- World's largest 230-foot enchilada made in Mexico City - Oct 19, 2010
- London-style AC double-decker buses for Kolkata tourism - Oct 17, 2011
- Chinese students form longest human chain - Aug 12, 2010
- Giant Persian rug sets Guinness record - Aug 26, 2012
Tags: alexandra palace london, belfast, commuters, concrete blocks, conga, costumes, dominoes, double decker bus, friendly city, guinness book of records, guinness world records, human mattress, hyde park, northern ireland, salsa lesson, sky news, southampton, st pancras international, storybook characters, world record