Recession-hit Oz women turning to brothelsMarch 1st, 2009 - 11:40 am ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 1 (ANI): With the unemployment rate reaching new heights courtesy recession, women in Australia are turning to strip joints and brothels for work.
But those doing the hiring are saying the jobs come with a lot of guilt and “can do your head in”, reports The Courier Mail.
With the chance to earn between 1500 dollars and 8000 dollars a week, Rachel Love from the Gold Coast’’s Pentagon Grand brothel said she had never seen such an influx.
In Brisbane, the B Confidential gentlemen’’s bar is getting 10 to 15 applications a week for women prepared to do lap dances, pole dancing, stage and private shows.
But the job isn”t just dancing and taking your clothes off, owner-manager Lisa says.
“Our VIP room is interesting because very rarely do the girls even get their top off. The guys go in there and play Twister, they play the Wii game and PlayStation. Our most popular game is Singstar, she said.
“Our industry is not easy on the person. It can do your head in,” Lisa added.
The women have to listen to men who have lost their jobs, or who are lonely or need to unburden themselves. (ANI)
- What do your smartphones and laptops say about you? - Nov 19, 2010
- Oz resort offering models, mud wrestling, massages, dubbed sexist - Aug 20, 2010
- Microsoft unveils voice activated Xbox Kinect - Nov 05, 2010
- Sony PlayStation Move Sales Eclipsing Kinect? - Dec 02, 2010
- Brisbane to own Australia's first video-game nightclub - Jan 22, 2010
- Microsoft to bring cable TV content to Xbox game console - Oct 06, 2011
- Playstation Plus Unveiled At E3 By Sony - Jun 16, 2010
- Dame Helen Mirren promotes Nintendo Wii in latest ad - Oct 04, 2010
- 'Thor' Movie Tie In Admitted By Sega - Jul 25, 2010
- Nintendo Wii players can get 'fractured limbs, damaged knees, painful tendonitis' - Dec 08, 2009
- iPod tops kids' Christmas wish list - Nov 28, 2010
- Playing Nintendo Wii 'can leave you injured' - Oct 17, 2010
- Wii fit can actually keep you fit: Study - Mar 10, 2011
- NBA 2K12 to be available on PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii & PC - Oct 05, 2011
- Bedtime stories 'improve children's vocabulary, spelling abilities' - Nov 06, 2010
Tags: brisbane, brothel, brothels melbourne, courier mail, dancing stage, gentlemen, gold coast, guilt, influx, joints, lap dances, pentagon, pentagon grand, pole dancing, reaching new heights, recession, twister, unemployment rate, vip room, wii