Recession bites nip and tuck business in USFebruary 17th, 2009 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb 17 (ANI): The ongoing economic crisis has been revealed to have affected even the most sought after nip and tuck jobs, or surgical enhancements.
The business is said to have gone down drastically with boob jobs, tummy tucks, face-lifts and other surgeries not being sought after much anymore, reports the New York Daily News.
As per Crain’’s New York Business reports, the business has gone down 20 to 50 percent, even though it had survived previous economic downturns.
But now with the economy not rising, breast-lifts and augmentations that have dominated the practices of plastic surgeons on the upper East Side, are no longer affordable.
Many, who are no longer able to dole out 20,000 dollars for face-lifts, are now turning to less pricey Botox injections or something cheaper, like the at-home wrinkle-reversal system Walgreens is offering for 29.99 dollars.
And Babies R Us is offering Palmers Face Lift Serum for 9.99 dollars. (ANI)
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- Fashion week around, models go for quick fix treatments - Sep 17, 2010
- Recession hurts US plastic surgery industry - Apr 28, 2010
- Boob job boom - courtesy Cougars - Jun 19, 2010
- 'Indian medical industry to be worth Rs.10,800 crore by 2015' - Aug 05, 2011
- People Getting More Interested In Plastic Surgery, Survey Reveals - Jul 31, 2010
- Dog gets 10,000 pound cosmetic surgery ! - Mar 06, 2012
- Donald Trump casino offers plastic surgery jackpot - Oct 03, 2011
- Latest trend: Mother-daughter 'cosmetic surgery duets' - May 09, 2010
- 'Real Housewives' star Jill Zarin admits to getting a 'liquid facelift' - Apr 21, 2011
- Oz women as young as 18 taking overseas cosmetic-surgery holidays - Jun 09, 2010
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Meet the Brit benefit woman who invested her handouts in a boob job! - Oct 06, 2010
- Forever young - with instant anti-ageing creams! - Jul 10, 2010
- The cost of getting a new nose in Asia (The Funny Side) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: augmentations, babies, boob jobs, botox, botox injections, breast lifts, economic crisis, economic downturns, economy, face lift, face lifts, new york daily news, recession, serum, surgeries, surgical enhancements, upper east side, walgreens, york business, york daily news