Rebels kill eight in PhilippinesApril 4th, 2011 - 6:32 am ICT by IANS
Manila, April 4 (IANS) Philippine rebels have killed eight people and wounded three others in the country’s southern Maguindanao province, Xinhua reported Monday.
The victims were supporters of Maguindanao provincial governor, Esmael Mangudadatu. They were attacked by the rebels of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) when they were visiting a road project in the province’S Tenok village, said Marcelo Pintac, provincial police chief.
Soldiers and policemen were deployed in the area to conduct search operations, the official said.
- Philippine massacre suspect blames Muslim rebels for carnage - Nov 27, 2009
- Main suspect in southern Philippine massacre surrenders - Nov 26, 2009
- Martial law declared in Filipino province where 57 were murdered - Dec 05, 2009
- Three killed in Philippines jail gunfight - Feb 20, 2012
- Seven soldiers killed in Philippine clashes - Sep 30, 2008
- 27 killed in fighting in the Philippines - Mar 28, 2009
- Eleven Muslim rebels killed in the Philippines - Jun 08, 2009
- Philippine forces seize ammunition in massacre probe - Dec 04, 2009
- 15 killed in clash in southern Philippines - Oct 27, 2008
- Emergency declared in Philippines province after massacre - Nov 24, 2009
- Eight rebels killed in Philippine military air strike - Mar 02, 2009
- Two killed, dozens injured in Philippine blast - Jul 07, 2009
- Three government anti-drug agents killed in Philippines - Apr 13, 2009
- 32 people killed in three days of Philippine fighting - Sep 26, 2008
- Philippine massacre highlights increasing risks for media - Dec 10, 2009
Tags: april 4, maguindanao province, milf, moro islamic liberation, moro islamic liberation front, philippine rebels, philippines manila, police chief, policemen, provincial governor, provincial police, search operations, xinhua