Rebekah Brooks, five others arrested for phone hackingMarch 13th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 13 (IANS) Rebekah Brooks, former chief executive of media mogul Rupert Murdoch’s News International group, and her husband were among six people arrested Tuesday in the phone hacking case.
The six were arrested on suspicion of conspiring to change the course of justice in the investigations into allegations of phone hacking, the Telegraph reported.
Brooks and her husband Charlie, a racehorse trainer and Telegraph columnist, were arrested at their home in Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire.
Brooks, also a former editor of The Sun, had been on bail after being questioned by police last year on suspicion of phone hacking and corruption.
The others were arrested from London, Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Hertfordshire.
The co-ordinated arrests were made between 5 and 7 a.m. by officers from Operation Weeting, the Metropolitan Police’s investigation into the illegal interception of voicemails.
Officers also searched their properties.
Tuesday’s arrests took the total number under Operation Weeting to 23. The probe was launched in January 2011.
- Rebekah Brooks arrested over phone-hacking allegations (Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks to appear in court in September - Aug 03, 2012
- Rebekah Brooks arrested? - Jul 17, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks released on bail - Jul 18, 2011
- Rebekah Brooks terms phone hacking 'abhorrent' (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Phone hacking cases against News Corp to be filed in US courts - Apr 12, 2012
- Ex-deputy editor of News of the World arrested - Jul 14, 2011
- Rupert Murdoch's son faces MPs over phone hacking - Nov 10, 2011
- Five employees of The Sun held in Britain - Feb 11, 2012
- Seven journalists charged over British phone hacking (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Murdoch admits cover-up at News of the World - Apr 26, 2012
- News International CEO Rebekah Brooks quits (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- News of the World's former editor charged - May 15, 2012
- Another British police officer resigns over phone-hacking scandal - Jul 18, 2011
- Those involved in phone hacking must be prosecuted: Cameron - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: allegations, brooks, chief executive, chipping norton, columnist, corruption, hertfordshire, husband charlie, interception, international group, london march, media mogul rupert murdoch, metropolitan police, mogul rupert murdoch, news international, norton oxfordshire, phone hacking, racehorse trainer, rebekah, suspicion