Real Madrid fans unsure about snatching league from BarcelonaApril 27th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, April 27 (DPA) The fans of Spanish giants Real Madrid are unsure about their team getting ahead of leaders Barcelona in the race for the Liga title.
Real are just four points behind Barca after Sunday’s 4-2 win away to third-placed Sevilla, and Barca have to visit Real’s Estadio Bernabeu next Saturday.
Two years ago Real dramatically overturned Barca’s lead and snatched the title away from the Catalans on the final day. This season, the whites have won 17 out of their 19 games under new coach Juande Ramos, who took over from Bernd Schuster in early December.
Online polls in sports dailies AS and Marca Monday show that the “madridista” fans are divided as to the chances of that happening again.
A total of 62 per cent of the readers of AS voted by midday Monday that their team will overturn Barca.
However, only 50 per cent of the readers of rival daily Marca think this will happen, with exactly half of them voting for Barca as champion.
Neither are the fans of Barcelona sure about what will happen, to judge by online polls in the digital versions of Mundo Deportivo and Sport on Monday.
Surprisingly, a poll in Mundo Deportivo reveals that only 49 per cent of readers believe that Barca will win La Liga, though 50 per cent of readers of Sport think - or maybe hope - that Josep Guardiola’s team will win in Madrid.
- Catalan fans confident that Barca can retain European crown - Feb 25, 2010
- Spanish press hail Euro 2012 triumph - Jul 02, 2012
- Spanish media full of praise for Del Bosque's heroes - Jul 08, 2010
- Real Madrid fans confident about winning Spanish football league - Mar 03, 2009
- Barca fans confident Ibrahimovic will do even better than Eto'o - Jul 28, 2009
- Guardiola plays down Espanyol draw - Jan 10, 2012
- Barcelona to celebrate Guardiola's decision in Valladolid - Jan 21, 2010
- Spanish media delighted with Messi's Golden Ball award - Dec 01, 2009
- Real Madrid planning to be first leaders in Spain - Aug 27, 2009
- Real Madrid fans divided about Germany's Khedira - Jul 31, 2010
- Barcelona win in Seville delights Catalan media - May 09, 2010
- Mourinho - the ego has landed, in Madrid - Aug 24, 2010
- Barcelona sweating on fitness of Messi and Ibrahimovic - Nov 26, 2009
- Spain hails Barcelona's historic win in Madrid - May 03, 2009
- Fans of Real Madrid asking for winter signings - Dec 03, 2009
Tags: barca, barcelona madrid, bernd schuster, catalans, champion, coach, dailies, digital versions, estadio bernabeu, four points, giants, josep guardiola, juande ramos, marca, midday, mundo deportivo, poll, polls, real madrid, sevilla