Ratatouille sparks pet rat rageNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:59 am ICT by admin
The animation, which features a French rat, Remy, with a passion for cooking, has turned the much-maligned mammal from a hated pest to the most popular pet of the year.
Pets at Home said sales of rats in the half-term holiday rocketed by 50 per cent in its stores.
The store chain has sold 2022 rats so far this month, a 30 percent increase on normal monthly sales.
But store bosses warn that the mammals need special care and attention.
Ratatouille has taken 9million pounds in the UK in its two weeks at the number one spot in the box office and is also the world’s No1 film for a third successive week. (ANI)
- Manhattan woman shares her bed with rodent pets! - Oct 11, 2010
- Rats have best bite of rodent world: Study - Apr 29, 2012
- China fights rats with stray cats - Aug 20, 2011
- UAE warns against selling diseased animals - Feb 12, 2011
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- 1,000 'rescued' rats are up for adoption in California - Nov 23, 2010
- At 86, Queen works more than British MPs - Jun 03, 2012
- Pet Store Products Might Be Harmful For Pets - Jun 18, 2010
- Gaga to style department store for X-mas - Nov 16, 2011
- A Chinese Millionaire Couple Buys A Tibetan Mastiff Worth $600,000 - Aug 07, 2010
- Call animals 'companions' not 'pets', demand academics - Apr 28, 2011
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012
- Larry the cat 'to take on Downing Street rats' - Feb 15, 2011
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Dog, trapped for five days in tunnel, saved - Oct 20, 2011