Rashid shouldn’t try to subvert the people’s right to elect their leader: PPPNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:50 am ICT by admin
“When a cabinet minister begins to eliminate the name of the chairwoman of the largest political party as a prospective candidate for the PM’s slot, he is not only panicking, but also striking at the heart of the democratic process,” Rehman said.
“By saying that Bhutto cannot be the PM, Rashid is openly advocating a selection, not an election,” she added.
Rehman said Ahmed was vitiating the spirit of the national reconciliation, which his own government had been advocating.
“This reveals an internal disarray among government ranks,” she added.
“Bhutto has demonstrated that her political strength is rooted in the people of Pakistan, and it is her right like any other citizen to be accorded a level-playing field,” Rehman said.
The PPP had condemned all attempts to blame victims of the October 18 blasts in Karachi for this carnage, she said.
“If Rashid thinks that the PPP invited these blasts, or that people on the streets came for anyone else other than Bhutto, he is truly delusional and is validating acts of terror,” the Daily Times quoted Rehman, as saying. (ANI)
- Now, fatwas demanding death for Sherry Rehman over Blasphemy Law softening stance - Jan 09, 2011
- Sherry Rehman withdraws bill for blasphemy law amendment - Feb 03, 2011
- Pakistan working for women's empowerment: Sherry Rehman - Jun 10, 2012
- The forgotten hero who drove bleeding Bhutto to hospital - Apr 25, 2010
- Investigation agencies must disclose names of Benazir's killers: Qureshi - Jan 02, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's aide's clarion call to PPP government to arrest her assassins - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Pak blasphemy law reform advocate Sherry Rehman says being scared "no longer works" - Mar 29, 2011
- Benazir killing: Malik in dark about Musharraf being named accused - Feb 08, 2011
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Pakistani PM on suicidal warpath, says daily - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: ahmed, assertions, benazir bhutto, blasts, cabinet minister, carnage, delusional, government ranks, internal disarray, karachi, level playing field, national reconciliation, panicking, political party, political strength, ppp, prospective candidate, rehman, subvert, third time