Rapist jailed in failed attempt to abduct girlJuly 28th, 2012 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 28 (IANS) An Irish man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for trying to kidnap a teenager and young woman on the same day.
Rapist Dermot Murphy, from Irish county of Co Waterford, was described as a dangerous repeat offender with a serious perversion when he was ordered locked up for 13 years, The Sun reported.
The incident occurred last July when the 43-year-old tried to pull a 13-year-old girl into the back of his van after stopping to ask her for directions on a rural Midlands road.
The teenager lost her dress top in her struggle to get away from him and fought half-naked on the ground, kicking and biting him before she was able to get free.
Describing the teenager as “a very brave and strong young woman”, Judge Tony Hunt in Mullingar Circuit Court said it was gratifying to see how the public responded locally to media appeals for information.
Another young woman came forward to say that earlier the same evening, Murphy’s white van had approached her, the judge added.
Murphy had been earlier jailed for almost seven years in 1997 for raping a 12-year-old girl.
- Man jailed in Britain for raping drunk women - Sep 24, 2011
- Colorado mom accused of killing her two children formally charged - May 28, 2011
- Britons jailed for brutal 'punishment rape' - Aug 07, 2012
- Rapist leaves scar on woman's chastity: Court - Sep 02, 2012
- Rapist priest's seven-year term upheld (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Women's panel probes Odisha gang rape - Feb 02, 2012
- Arrest of ex-minister sought in Odisha gang rape - Mar 05, 2012
- US woman jailed for abusing daughter, 2, on web-cam as teen watched in UK - Mar 16, 2011
- British rapist jailed after 26 years - Jan 29, 2012
- Lesbian couple in Oz beat 60 million-to-one odds to have quintuplets - Mar 08, 2011
- Briton blackmails US girls with nude images, jailed - Jan 25, 2012
- British woman jailed for prostituting teenaged girl - Aug 02, 2012
- Rapists of 'willing' girl survive tough punishment - Feb 21, 2012
- I did not kill Kercher: Knox tells court - Oct 03, 2011
- Jailed rapist released early assaults again within weeks - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: 13 years, co waterford, irish county, irish man, london, midlands road, mullingar, old girl, perversion, rapist, repeat offender, seven years, struggle, sun, teenager, tony hunt, woman judge, young woman