Randhawa, Chowrasia to lead Indian challenge at SAIL Open golfMarch 7th, 2009 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 7 (IANS) Top Indian golfers Jyoti Randhawa and S.S.P. Chowrasia will lead the field in the second edition of the SAIL Open at the Classic Golf Resort here March 18.
Randhawa, who was tied second in the inaugural edition last year, will spearhead the home challenge. Currently playing on the Asian Tour, Randhawa said he would gun for the SAIL Open title this time.
Last year Mark Brown hit the headlines with a stupendous victory that set him on road to bigger successes. The field will also include another star, Chowrasia, winner of the Indian Masters last year.
Besides Randhawa and Chowrasia, some of the other leading Indian names are three-time winner on Asian Tour Gaurav Ghei, former Volvo Masters of Asia champion Shiv Kapur, Digvijay Singh, Rahil Gangjee, Amandeep Johl and Gaganjeet Bhullar.
India’s largest steel maker, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), has re-affirmed its staunch support to Asian and Indian golf with the announcement of the SAIL Open golf tournament. The SAIL Open 2009 will be part of the Asian Tour as usual. The tournament is co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI).
SAIL’s support comes as a big support for Asian and Indian golf in this difficult economic climate. The prize is a very competitive $300,000.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Strong Indian line-up for DLF Masters Golf - Sep 15, 2010
- Strong Indian star cast for SAIL Open - Mar 25, 2010
- SAIL Open golf from March 30 - Mar 14, 2010
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Indians sparkle in first half of Asian Tour season - Jul 05, 2010
- Ten teams confirmed for Louis Philippe golf - Feb 22, 2012
- Panasonic Open (India) launches $300,00 golf event on Asian Tour - Mar 22, 2011
- Indian golfers hope to maintain success story at Panasonic Open - Mar 28, 2011
- Puravankara takes Bangalore for Louis Philippe golf - Nov 09, 2011
- Top Indian stars look to a great start at Avantha Masters - Feb 13, 2011
- Gurgaon down Noida in Louis Philippe Cup - Mar 09, 2012
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 16, 2011
- Bhullar is youngest Indian to win on Asian Tour (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- Indians start favourites at Gujarat Kensville Golf Challenge - Jan 25, 2012
- Randhawa to make 200th Asian Tour appearance at Panasonic Open - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: amandeep, asian tour, bhullar, digvijay singh, economic climate, inaugural edition, indian challenge, indian golfers, indian masters, indian names, johl, jyoti randhawa, open golf tournament, professional golf tour, rahil gangjee, shiv kapur, steel authority of india limited, steel maker, vks, volvo masters