Rajat Gupta convicted on 4 countsJune 15th, 2012 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 15 (IANS) Former Goldman Sachs’ Indian American director Rajat Gupta was convicted Friday of four of six counts on charges of providing insider tips to convicted hedge-fund billionaire Raj Rajaratnam.
A jury at Manhattan federal court convicted Gupta of three counts of securities fraud and one count of conspiracy. He was acquitted on the remaining two counts of securities fraud.
The jury reached its verdict on the second day of deliberations concluding a four-week trial.
- Rajat Gupta convicted on insider trading charges (Second lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Rajat Gupta convicted on four counts by US jury (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Rajat Gupta's trial: Prosecutors play FBI wiretaps - May 25, 2012
- Leniency sought for Indian-American insider trading witness - Jul 17, 2012
- Rajat Gupta, Rajaratnam had animosity: defence lawyer - Mar 03, 2012
- Rajat Gupta indicted in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- Rajat Gupta's lawyers say traders 'bragged' falsely about tipsters - May 31, 2012
- Former Goldman Sachs director Rajat Gupta to take "leave of absence" - Mar 13, 2011
- Rajat Gupta threw away his duties: Prosecution - May 22, 2012
- Rajaratnam made $63.8 mn through inside trading - Apr 07, 2011
- Trial begins in biggest US insider trading case - Mar 09, 2011
- Ex-Goldman Sachs director Gupta arrested, charged in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- US court hears Rajat Gupta's call to Rajaratnam - May 24, 2012
- Rajat Gupta's trial set for April 9 - Oct 27, 2011
- Rajat Gupta secretly served Rajaratnam's hedge fund: Prosecution - Jun 01, 2012