Rajapaksa meets UAE envoyAugust 28th, 2012 - 1:18 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 27 (IANS/WAM) Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa met United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ambassador Mahmoud Mohammed Mahmoud Monday on the occasion of the envoy’s end of tenure in the island nation.
During their meet in Colombo, Rajapaksa expressed his gratitude to the UAE for its humanitarian efforts in his country and said they played a great role in enhancing bilateral relations between UAE and Sri Lanka.
The ambassador also thanked the people and the government of Sri Lanka for their cooperation, which helped him to carry out his diplomatic duties.
The UAE’s envoy also met with the Sri Lankan Foreign Minister G.L. Peiris and discussed a number of issues of common concern with him on this occasion.
- UAE, Sri Lanka discuss bilateral ties - Aug 30, 2011
- Sri Lanka woos UAE for its tourism sector - Aug 18, 2011
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- India supports Sri Lankan reconciliation, to stay engaged - Jun 29, 2012
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE,Poland discuss cooperation - Apr 23, 2012
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012
- Arab envoys, Sri Lankan minister discuss economic ties - Jul 15, 2010
- UAE, Sri Lanka sign drafts of extradition pacts - Oct 09, 2011
- UAE holds talks with Tunisia, Belarus - Nov 29, 2011
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Kenya, Netherlands - Aug 23, 2012
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- UAE, Palestine discuss projects - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, ambassador, bilateral relations, cooperation, foreign minister, government of sri lanka, gratitude, humanitarian efforts, island nation, mahinda rajapaksa, mahmoud, mohammed, peiris, president mahinda rajapaksa, sri lankan president, tenure, united arab emirates, wam