Rajan Zed presented with “Global Civil Rights Award” in USAAugust 30th, 2010 - 3:56 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Aug 30 (ANI): Noted religious statesman Rajan Zed was bestowed with prestigious “Vishwa Nagarik Adhikar Hindu Shiromani Puraskar” (Global Civil Rights Hindu Jewel Award) in California Hinduism Summit in Sunnyvale on August 28.
Zed’s award citation said: For consistently, bravely and selflessly taking up human/civil rights issues worldwide in the spirit of Hinduism.
Rajan Zed is a well-known religious statesman who has taken up Hindu, interfaith, religion, environment, Roma and other causes all over the world. He read the groundbreaking first Hindu opening prayer in United States Senate, besides various state legislatures and city councils across USA. He is one of the panelists for “On Faith”, an interactive conversation on religion produced jointly by Newsweek and washingtonpost.com. He has received “World Interfaith Leader Award” and various other honors. He is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, Chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, Director of Interfaith Relations of Nevada Clergy Association, Spiritual Advisor to National Association of Interchurch and Interfaith Families, Senior Fellow and Religious Advisor of Foundation for Interreligious Diplomacy, etc.
Prominent Hindu leaders and activists from various parts of USA and Canada gathered in Sunnyvale Hindu Temple in California on August 28 to discuss current issues facing the worldwide Hindu community. Starting with conch blowing, California Hinduism Summit, first such gathering in the western USA, also conferred on topics like Hinduism preservation and unity, science behind Hinduism, Hindu living and concepts and spirituality, maintaining Hindu identity, clearing misconceptions, etc. Exhibition of Hindu living and spiritual practices was also organized on the occasion. It also honored Dr. Mihir Meghani and Easan Katir with Vishwa Hindu Ratna awards on the occasion.
According to Forum for Hindu Awakening, one of the Summit coordinators, the Summit received blessings of various prominent living Hindu saints of India.
Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world, has about one billion adherents and moksh (liberation) is its ultimate goal.(ANI)
- Hinduism Summit to bring prominent Hindu leaders together in California - Aug 27, 2010
- California's first Hinduism Summit to honor Rajan Zed with "Global Civil Rights" award - Jul 18, 2010
- Nevada Governor honors Hindu leader for "exemplary" interfaith work - Dec 27, 2010
- Golden Temple honors Hindu statesman - Apr 02, 2011
- Religious statesman Zed to receive 'Global Civil Rights' award at American Hindu gathering - Jun 11, 2010
- Religious statesman Rajan Zed awarded "Bishop Manogue Interfaith Award" - Mar 05, 2011
- Hinduism discussed at prominent Nevada Jewish synagogue - Mar 16, 2011
- Hinduism discussion welcomed in rural Nevada - Feb 28, 2011
- Hindu statesman Zed invited to eminent Nevada Jewish synagogue - Jan 31, 2011
- Nevada's prominent Catholic school invites Zed to illustrate Hinduism - Mar 09, 2011
- Nevada's Buddhist Center honors Hindu statesman Rajan Zed - Dec 21, 2010
- Both Nevada Senate and Assembly in USA to open with Hindu prayers - Jan 29, 2011
- Nevada Assembly in USA to open with Hindu prayers - Mar 12, 2011
- Hindu statesman Zed nominated to "Think Tank" of Big Brothers Big Sisters - Nov 28, 2010
- Nevada Senate in USA opens with Gayatri Mantra - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: american leadership, award citation, hindu community, hindu leaders, indo american, interchurch, interfaith families, interfaith relations, katir, leader award, mihir, opening prayer, rajan zed, religious advisor, spiritual advisor, state legislatures, sunnyvale hindu temple, united states senate, universal society, vishwa