RAF girls pay with their knickers for ride in jetsJune 18th, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 18 (ANI): Pilots of the Royal Air Force have come up with a novel way of making their female passengers pay for their ride in a jet - by asking for their knickers in return as fare.
The panties, which are framed, can be seen adorning a whole wall of the Tornado pilots’ bar, with some even hanging from the ceiling.
Fast jet crews started the tradition at Mount Pleasant airfield in the Falklands, but pilots of helicopters and rescue planes charged a bra for a joyride.
“If you went flying with all the different aircraft in the Falklands, you wouldn’t have any underwear left,” the Sun quoted a woman RAF officer as saying.
The fast jet pilots’ private bar, which is a converted bedroom, is also decorated with an ejector seat.
“Any woman who wants a flight in a jet has to offer her underwear in return,” another female officer said.
“Underneath the framed women’s underwear are messages like ‘Thanks for the ride’ and ‘Thanks for making me squeal’,” she said.
RAF sources confirmed on June 17 the existence of the knickers display.
“All flights are approved. There is no question of illicit use of jets,” a senior officer said.
“Passengers are not forced to hand over knickers as a fare - but if they wish to make a donation, that is entirely up to them,” he explained.
The Ministry of Defence added: “Nobody should get upset about this. There’s an approved system for allowing passenger flights in jets.” (ANI)
- Mid-air collision averted in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2011
- Prince William 'battling to serve in Falkland Islands' - Sep 26, 2010
- BAE Systems upgrades Hawk trainer to near-front line status - Apr 19, 2011
- Britian to send two more fighter jets to Afghanistan - Aug 12, 2010
- Navy awaits nod to use Kolkata airfield - Dec 02, 2011
- Revealed: RAF's bizarre plot to kidnap Hitler through his pilot - Jan 31, 2011
- Sean Kingston critical after jet ski accident - May 30, 2011
- Britain to sack nearly 100 air force trainee pilots - Feb 14, 2011
- Female RAF pilot flying combat jets over Libya against Gaddafi's forces - Mar 23, 2011
- Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet - Aug 18, 2012
- All-female US Air Force team launches historic mission in Afghanistan - Apr 04, 2011
- Decision not to land at reserve airfield caused Polish plane crash - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Falklands posting' to keep William and Kate apart - May 02, 2011
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- RAF holds staff course to beat fear of flying - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: ejector seat, existence, falklands, female passengers, helicopters, jet pilots, jets, joyride, knickers, ministry of defence, novel, panties, passenger flights, private bar, raf officer, rescue planes, royal air force, squeal, tornado, underwear