Radical UK Muslims’ secret conference scrapped following cops’ interventionNovember 29th, 2010 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): UK police stopped radical Muslims from organising a secret Islamic International Revival Conference featuring hate preachers Omar Bakri and Sheikh Faisal on Saturday in London’s East End, in which the duo were scheduled to appear by video link from overseas to address the delegates.
Faisal was deported to Jamaica in 2007 for urging the murder of Jews, and Bakri fled to Lebanon in 2005 after praising the 7/7 bombers.
According to the Sun, rebel leaders Abu Izzadeen, just out of jail for inciting terrorism, and Anjem Choudary, who urges Sharia law in the UK, were to address followers in person.
The extremists planned this conference at a secret place after Scotland Yard had blocked a first venue, but the second conference was also cancelled after they realised that cops already had information about their latest attempt.
An organiser said yesterday that their right to freedom of speech had been violated.
The paper quoted Choudary as saying that “the owner of the back-up premises was warned to cancel and not tell us till the last minute,” adding that it exposed “a burning hatred” against Islam but vowed the seminar will take place.
The right-wing English Defence League had planned a counter demonstration. A police spokesman said: “We urge the conference organisers to work with us in future.” (ANI)
- British Muslims arrested in France burqa ban protest - Apr 11, 2011
- Lebanese authorities arrest Islamist hate cleric Omar Bakri following life sentence - Nov 15, 2010
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary used rented railway viaduct arch as headquarter - Dec 26, 2010
- New Muslim group threatens to launch terror atrocity similar to 7/7 - Aug 01, 2010
- Hate cleric warns of attack after life sentence - Nov 13, 2010
- British extremist to lead pro-Islam demonstration outside White House - Feb 21, 2011
- UK Muslim mob threatens to fly black flag of Islam over Downing Street, White House for jailed cleri - Nov 16, 2010
- Islamic Sharia law zones set up across Britain - Jul 28, 2011
- Deported hate preacher gives speeches on web - Mar 14, 2012
- Hate preacher vows to establish Sharia law across Europe - Jan 24, 2010
- UK hate preacher wants to rename Buckingham Palace Buckingham Masjid! - Oct 29, 2009
- Brit hate preacher Anjem Choudary's terror network exposed - Jan 15, 2010
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot - Nov 28, 2010
- UK hate cleric Bakri orders Brit Muslims to snub 'evil' World Cup - May 28, 2010
- UK Tory leaders react angrily to exiled hate preachers Islamic rant - Mar 21, 2009
Tags: bombers, burning hatred, defence league, delegates, english defence, extremists, followers, freedom of speech, international revival, muslims, omar bakri, organising, police spokesman, preachers, rebel leaders, revival conference, scotland yard, sheikh faisal, uk police, video link