Queen’s underwear supplier unveils UK’s biggest bra - the 48N cupApril 2nd, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 2 (ANI): With the female form expanding at such a rapid pace, now the Queen’s underwear supplier has unveiled Britain’s biggest bra, which is a 48N cup.
Two years ago it was the KK, then in January came the L, but now a bigger size is required as it is not only the breasts that are getting bigger, but also the entire female body.
But the plus-size bra from Rigby and Peller, which supplies underwear to the Queen, does not come cheap, costing 55.95 pounds and available only in black or nude from the brand’s seven high street stores.
And if the bra is still too small, the company will tailor-make one.
A report by market researchers Mintel into trends in the UK lingerie market said that the obesity epidemic is to blame for growing cup sizes.
One in five adults was classed as obese last year, and there has been a 2 percent rise in obesity in women in just three years.
“As women in the UK are getting larger, with the average bra size having increased to a 34D, retailers are responding to growing demand for underwear in larger sizes,” the Daily Mail quoted analyst Tamara Sender as saying.
Obesity experts described the report’s findings as “worrying”.
“Sizes are going up as always because people are eating the wrong food and not exercising enough. We are bombarded by advertisers and inundated with fast food joints,” Tam Fry, of the National Obesity Forum, said.
Fry said large women who need these bras have probably been around for some time, but have been putting off the inevitable.
“Women’s knicker sizes have gone up as well - some of them are truly huge. We are not yet as bad as America but we should be worried,” he said. (ANI)
- Britain's biggest bra is an incredible 48N cup - Jan 29, 2011
- Brit women dump g-strings for granny pants - Aug 07, 2010
- Quarter of Brit women are size 18 or above - Aug 13, 2010
- British women are more obese - Nov 26, 2011
- First L-cup bra released - Jan 22, 2011
- Now, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL undies for women with a 105in waistline! - Dec 02, 2010
- UK stores selling padded bras, provocative undies for kids as young as seven - Apr 15, 2010
- How Brit girls' undies are giving the economy a sexy boost - May 28, 2010
- Ultimo's ultimate bra test checks endurance on a roller coaster - Sep 03, 2010
- Number of average sized women with above average bust lines increasing - Apr 12, 2010
- Usher longs to design lingerie - Jul 10, 2010
- Elle Macpherson launches new collection of underwear 'Bare and Bold' - Dec 24, 2010
- Naughty lingerie in high demand amid Euro Cup mania - Jun 23, 2012
- Cleavage enhancing bra to be UK's cheapest - Jun 14, 2010
- Now, an L cup bra for women who are more than well endowed - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: advertisers, bras, breasts, daily mail, fast food, food joints, kk, knicker, large women, larger sizes, lingerie market, market researchers, obesity epidemic, obesity experts, queen, rapid pace, rigby and peller, tamara, uk lingerie, underwear