Queen’s recession-hit ‘low key’ b’day bash!April 23rd, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 23 (ANI): Queen Elizabeth reportedly held a “low key” party to celebrate her 83rd birthday keeping in mind the ongoing recession.
The Royal was said to have preferred a meal at her son Prince Edward’s house, in place of a banquet in the state rooms of Buckingham Palace or Windsor Castle.
The Monarch and Prince Philip allegedly kept their company limited to 16 family and friends at Bagshot Park, Surrey, on April 21.
And the crunched supper purportedly included chicken breast stuffed with red peppers, followed by a simple creme brulee.
“The Queen was determined to keep this very low key by Royal standards. There were just 18 in total and several didn’t even drink,” the Sun quoted a Royal source as saying.
The source added: “The Queen has also made it clear she does not want to go over the top celebrating her official birthday in June.
“While the traditional Trooping of the Colours will go ahead, Her Majesty wants to keep things very simple. She knows how important it is to avoid upsetting people at a difficult time like this.”
Her Majesty was recently voted Britain’s Most Trusted Public Figure in a poll headed by YouGov.
She has previously set mindful examples to beat the recession by cutting down her trip costs, recycling old clothing items rather than investing in a new wardrobe and helping those affected by the hard-hitting credit crunch. (ANI)
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Kate's parents meet Queen, Prince Philip - Apr 21, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth II visits Prince Philip in hospital - Jun 07, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth takes style tips from Kate - Mar 14, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth hosts diamond jubilee lunch - May 20, 2012
- Queen's photos found in attic show off-duty life of the Royals - Feb 22, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth goes horse riding with grandchildren - May 11, 2011
- Queen's husband Prince Philip hospitalized due to infection - Jun 05, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrates 84th birthday - Apr 21, 2010
- Abu Dhabi crown prince attends Elizabeth's diamond jubilee - May 19, 2012
- Prince Harry 'to organize riotous stag party for big brother' - Nov 20, 2010
- Photographs Of Queen Elizabeth And The British Royal Family To Be Uploaded On Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- 90-year-old Prince Philip regrets leaving naval career - May 17, 2011
- The Queen joins Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
Tags: bagshot park, buckingham palace, chicken breast, credit crunch, creme brulee, family and friends, majesty, monarch, poll, prince edward, prince philip, queen elizabeth, recession, red peppers, surrey, trip costs, trooping of the colours, wardrobe, windsor castle, yougov