Queen to relaunch Royal website with new-lookFebruary 12th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
London, February 12 (ANI): The Queen is set to relaunch her website along with World Wide Web’’s creator Sir Tim Berners-Lee at a Buckingham Palace reception.
Royal.gov.uk, which hit cyberspace 12 years ago, has had a makeover and will feature more videos, historical documents along with Queen Victoria’’s journal, which includes her trial of Alexander Graham Bell’’s then new discovery, the telephone.
The website, which presently has around 250,000 visitors from around the globe per week, has been updated to maintain contact between the younger generation and the elderly royal, reports The BBC.
However, the Queens Internet venture was claimed to be limited, with the channel saying: “We can”t e-mail her and there’’s little prospect of the Queen blogging, conducting a webchat or indeed twittering.
The site had been gathered much popularity in its first years, and went on to record some 35 million visits during the week of Princess Diana’’s funeral.
The Monarch has also previously launched The Royal Channel on the video-sharing website YouTube, which included her Christmas Day message, and tapes of the members of the Royal Family. (ANI)
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- The Queen a massive internet star - Feb 21, 2010
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- British queen's website gets makeover - Feb 13, 2009
- Photographs Of Queen Elizabeth And The British Royal Family To Be Uploaded On Flickr - Jul 26, 2010
- Inventor Berners-Lee says Internet disconnection is 'like being imprisoned' - Sep 29, 2010
- Queen to re-launch Royal website - Feb 01, 2009
- WWW inventor favours mobiles to widen web access - Mar 31, 2011
- Boyle's Olympic creation narrative of British history (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Web founder says Facebook is a trap - Nov 24, 2010
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Wills-Kat wedding 'a chance to re-brand royal family business' - Apr 03, 2011
- Elizabeth's 1957 video has one mn hits on YouTube - Jan 03, 2011
- Queen's first ever Christmas message is YouTube hit - Jan 03, 2011
- William and Kate to be Duke and Duchess of Cambridge post wedding - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: alexander graham bell, buckingham palace, christmas day, e mail, february 12, first years, gov uk, historical documents, internet venture, monarch, new discovery, princess diana, queen victoria, royal family, royal gov, sir tim berners lee, tim berners lee, webchat, younger generation, youtube