Queen to pay tribute to the selfless in Christmas messageDecember 24th, 2008 - 1:59 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 24 (ANI): The Queen will pay tribute to the selfless endeavours of volunteers who have led their lives in public service in her Christmas message.
The Monarch will underline the services of those in UK and abroad, along with a special mention to Prince Charles for his lifetime of voluntary services.
The Royal would further highlight the significance of standing tall and together as a family during the economic slump in her annual address, reports the Daily Express.
The broadcast, filmed in the Music Room at Buckingham Palace, comes after she reportedly urged the Royal Family to avoid displays of extravagance during the trying times.
Her December 25 speech, which shows Her Majesty in front of a grand piano covered with family photographs and with a large Christmas tree in the background, also draws attention to the support she and the Duke of Edinburgh receive from their children and grandchildren.
The message will feature previously-unseen private footage of the then 23-year-old Princess Elizabeth, and Prince Charles in a drawing room at Clarence House in 1949 when he was just one-year-old.
The broadcast, produced by the BBC, will be transmitted on both television and radio on Christmas Day and will also be available on the Royal Channel on the YouTube website from the same time. (ANI)
- Prince Charles' tribute to his 'mama' on her diamond jubilee celebrations - Jun 01, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth's Christmas message to focus on family - Dec 25, 2011
- President Patil to inaugurate Games, denying Brit royalty their traditional honour - Sep 26, 2010
- For the first time in 44 years, UK Queen to skip Commonwealth Games - May 30, 2010
- Royal Family to be granted new right of secrecy - Jan 08, 2011
- 'No row' over Delhi CWG opening ceremony, Prince Charles to declare Games open - Sep 28, 2010
- Queen to pay tribute to Mumbai terror victims in Christmas broadcast - Dec 24, 2008
- WillKat wedding helped palace earn 42 mn pounds - Jul 27, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth gets bleeding nose - Apr 15, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Prince Philip hospitalised, misses jubilee concert - Jun 05, 2012
- Another Royal Affair: Zara Phillips, The British Queen's Granddaughter, Becomes Engaged To Mike Tindall - Dec 23, 2010
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- Queen offers to share Buckingham Palace with Wills, Kate - Jan 15, 2011
Tags: buckingham palace, christmas day, christmas message, christmas tree, clarence house, daily express, drawing room, duke of edinburgh, economic slump, endeavours, extravagance, family photographs, grand piano, majesty, music room, prince charles, princess elizabeth, royal family, trying times, voluntary services